Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Intake for 06

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Default Intake for 06

Does anyone know any intakes that fit the 06 outlander...with mivec....i was looking at some ralliart intakes bc its the same engine but not sure if any of the cold air ones will fit......i am pretty sure the short ram ones will?

Old 02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Default RE: Intake for 06

hey o6,
nice pic's by the way, like the others you posted last year - that evo of yours was nice!
did you check road race motorsports' site? they offer a ralliart short-ram for the lancer 2.4 mivec like in our outlanders, though it uses a 90-degree elbow to put the air cleaner between the battery and the exhaust manifold where it'll be closer to heat, and close to the radiator where you'll be forced to dispense with the ram air tube. i bought a weapon-r, but it was made for an outlander with the old honeycomb maf sensor, not the probe type like my '06 had; you might remember my post of last september or so when i described the efforts in getting it to fit....if you have the older type maf, the weapon-r will definitely fit, and quite easily. short of that, i noticed amazon.com sells intake tubing, which might be an economical way to a simple intake, to which you could add one of those new dry cone filters by, i believe, aem. other than going to a speed shop where they'll allow you to physically see if a given eclipse 2.4 intake will fit, the options are very limited for us outlander owners, especially since the new outlander has replaced ours in the marketplace....

Old 02-19-2007, 10:50 PM

so what your saying is that the road race intake will fit perfect and work well on the outlander? i think thats what i took from that....thanks for the help....if thats true i am going to purchase one right away

Old 02-20-2007, 08:21 PM

it should fit nicely; the only drawback is keeping the 90 degree elbow at the throttle body, and having the air cleaner sit between the battery and the engine, closer to exhaust manifold heat. the nice thing is that it's made
for the probe-type maf sensor - just be careful in trying to remove it as it's in there real tight....well mine was anyway, but as i had to keep that part of the original intake and mate it to the weapon-r, that fact was moot.

you can check the pictures i posted back in october to see what mine looks like after the additions i made.

in any case, you should be happy with rrm's intake; good luck and post a pic or two when you get it installed.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 PM

hey o6,

if you do get the rrm intake, can you give me the intake runner length (just the pipe)? i'm thinking of reworking my intake setup, but have nothing definite in mind as yet.

thanks much!