Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Asc off service required (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/asc-off-service-required-51385/)

falcon1 10-25-2017 06:11 PM

Asc off service required

Good day,

I have an 2008 model and this "
ASC OFF SERVICE REQUIRED " light is constant in my car. I'm told I need part 4670A458 to fix it.

Where can I get it for low price online? Can't find it new on eBay. Who is the best online shop to buy Mitsubishi parts from? :)

ccernst 10-26-2017 08:43 AM

damn, that is expensive!!!

Honestly, I'd go to car-part.com and search for brake booster and find a local junkyard that has a complete vehicle....give them a call...and replace it yourself.

Looking at the service manual, this is a pretty important part. The ABS-ECU is integrated into this piece, and the service manual calls it "hydraulic unit"; Pages 35B-150 to 35B-152. It doesn't look horribly difficult, but manual does state some warnings:
⦆Be careful when removing the hydraulic unit because it is heavy.
⦆Never loosen the nuts and the bolts because the hydraulic unit cannot be disassembled.
⦆Do not drop or shock the hydraulic unit.
⦆Do not turn the hydraulic unit upside down or lay down the unit because the inner air becomes difficult to be bled.

falcon1 10-26-2017 07:05 PM

Is it ok to buy this part used or is this part something which is safer to buy new?

ccernst 10-27-2017 09:37 AM

I don't know how many miles you have on yours, but I've now hit 207k miles. Virtually worthless on a trade-in, maybe I'll get 4k on a private sale. New unit costs $1200. I'd definitely go used and when I ask for it, I'd make no mention that the ABS ECU is integrated.... I would try to go similar year to ensure the ECU integrates easier.

out of curiosity, with the unit failed, do you hear the "bang" when you first turn the car on and go forward a bit? when we first got the car, it was pretty disconcerting. Dealership (and everyone else) said it was ABS doing a self-check. You are the first person I've heard with a failed unit. Does yours still do that??

falcon1 10-27-2017 10:12 AM

My car is driven only 57k miles. I haven't noticed that click noise but I will see if I hear it on next outing. :) It went through annual safety check with flying colors so it doesn't affect brake performance it seems and car handling is fine so far at least.

ccernst 10-27-2017 10:55 AM

I imagine you just have no ABS at the moment...not a giant worry.

Wow, 57k miles is low. Knowing how good the vehicle is in general vs how long you plan on keeping it...I might be tempted to go new.

falcon1 10-27-2017 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst (Post 321755)
I don't know how many miles you have on yours, but I've now hit 207k miles. Virtually worthless on a trade-in, maybe I'll get 4k on a private sale. New unit costs $1200. I'd definitely go used and when I ask for it, I'd make no mention that the ABS ECU is integrated.... I would try to go similar year to ensure the ECU integrates easier.

out of curiosity, with the unit failed, do you hear the "bang" when you first turn the car on and go forward a bit? when we first got the car, it was pretty disconcerting. Dealership (and everyone else) said it was ABS doing a self-check. You are the first person I've heard with a failed unit. Does yours still do that??

yes I hear this bang or clicking noise now :(

nickski89 04-16-2018 09:52 PM

Sorry to drag up a thread a few months old but I have an 06 outlander and it does that bang. The ASC light comes on intermittently. Does that bang mean the system is working or not working? And how did you end up with your situation? Did it get sorted?

ccernst 04-19-2018 11:21 AM

the bang/clunk is normal....and you'll eventually tune it out. The clunk is the ABS system performing a test. if your ASC light is coming on, you might have an ABS unit on its way out...

Honthem 06-16-2019 05:15 PM

ASC Service Required

Hi

Since 3 says In have a 2014 Outlander
And on the very first night I received this awfull message that many have experienced.
Could not start the car either
I did a research and came with a solution that solved it without much problem.

The next day I went back to the car (had to leave it 50 miles front home) with the spare key.
Started without much problem
When I tried af home with the first key, I got the same error message.
But when I changed the battery of the first key, the issue did not return.
So all in all it was just the battery of they key !!!

Hope it can help someone
Regards

Good day,

I have an 2008 model and this "
ASC OFF SERVICE REQUIRED " light is constant in my car. I'm told I need part 4670A458 to fix it.

Where can I get it for low price online? Can't find it new on eBay. Who is the best online shop to buy Mitsubishi parts from? :)[/QUOTE]