Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Been in an accident with your outie yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Default Been in an accident with your outie yet?

I've had 2 accidents and two dents from idiots.

1. 1st dent was from a group of large people getting out of an equally large Explorer or something. I knew when they were parking on the drivers side next to me they were going to do it. They left a small barely noticble dent from their door. I went in and asked them about it and they blew me off. So I keyed their door. I know a dick move but damn, even an apology would have been nice.

2. 2nd dent was apparently from a cyclist who couldn't stop behind me in time and smacked the right 1/4 panel above the gas tank, left an L shaped dent/scratch.

3. An accident. I didn't stop in time and rear ended an old, POS acura. Jacked up the front bumper, grille and other things. Ins paid for and fixed.

4. the 2nd accident where some idiot in a 300zx tried to do a squeeze play between me and a parked bus that was blocking his lane. His driver door mirror left a long black stripe from the jsut before the side marker turn single to the gas tank. That was fun because he ended up paying $3000 plus for the shop to repaint the whole side of my Outie to color match....which took care of #2 dent!

Now it looks brand new again

Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Default RE: Been in an accident with your outie yet?

wow such bad luck man feel sorry for you

I have a moran who dented my driver side door and everytime, they just swear like a mother??? its their fault...They walked off I've waited no1 around took out my paintball gun 2 shots now have dents haha

I asked them politely also..

Old 11-29-2008, 01:54 PM

I rear ended a Cayenne a little over a year ago. Lots of damage to me, and not so much to the Porsche.

I did find one dent on my driver's side door, which is odd because I usually park far away.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:29 PM

I had an idiot run into my driver side rear tire well while they were trying to park. Of course, they did not leave a note saying sorry or any insurance info at all. Jerks. I have to foot the bill to get it fixed and it's going to run anywhere from $300 for a quicky (make it look ok) job, to a $750 full out brand new look.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:26 AM

2 Days after we got the Outlander my wife backed into a car in a parking lot. no damage to the Outlander,but the other car wasn't so lucky. She told me that she did leave a note for the other owner but we never heard anything from him. And for tbanucci's benefit, no the other car wasn't an Outlander.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:15 PM

Yes, I was read-ended a week after delivery of my '08. Scratched the lower gate on the rear, and it had to be re-aligned. Had to sellit off for personal reasons 6 months into ownership, althoughI still miss it.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:03 AM

I have alittle dent abot the driver rear wheel on the crease. I kow they cant pop i out and Im ot going to repaint the whle side of the car for it. Its smalled than a penny. Rear bad spot fo it and hav no idea how it hapen. I park out in no mans land when I go places.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 AM

Last year, my sister backed into my rear passenger door and quarter panel on Thanksgiving weekend...my mom did the same thing on the same spota month later on Christmas..

Other than that..a dent/scuff from someone on the other side..mostly buffed out...

I always have back luck with that stuff..and never my fault.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Wife hit some black ice covered with snow and slid off very narrow road into a corner of a cinder block wall. Impact point was nearly dead center on the 3 diamond grille. Car was full of kids going to school, no bus to our school, thank god nobody got hurt. Trashed the Hood, bumper cover, hid headlights, radiator upper/lower support, radiator, condenser, both front fenders,front valve cover and fwd upper O2 sensor. Airbags didn't go off because impact point was dead center between sensors and the slow speed of the Outlander when it hit.

Had to fight tooth and nail to get all Mitsu factory parts re-installed. I sure hate insurance companies, they tried all the tricks under the sun to see if I would take the bait and go with chinese parts. Biggest fight was getting the factory radiator and a/c condenser replaced. Apparently the dealership wouldn't price match the chinese equivalents, but I demanded the stock radiator since our Outi has the Cali emission and the weird DOR radiator. I just figured that the chinese stuff would last about 6-12 mos then come apart while the wife is driving up a hill melting down the engine and Mitsu wouldn't cover the warranty claim.

Final Bill came out to like $10K. Of course our deductible 5% of that. Car was checked at body shop on latest laser frame rack and only the right front frame horn was slightly bent inwards, and was repaired with before and after graphical printout. Car drives like new again and the paint shop actually did a better job with the paint match from the plastic front bumper to the metal hood/fenders than the factory. The rear of our Outi never matched exactly from the plastic/metal body part transitions.

Next winter season the car will have steel 16" wheels and specific snow tires with or without studs. Also bought the new hankook optimo H727 all season radials and they do fabulous in the snow but I'm still going with the snow tires next season.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:58 PM

36 hours after I got mine home, I parked on the street at a friends house and someone backed into the front quarter panel and took off. $750 2 days into ownership.

Quick Reply: Been in an accident with your outie yet?