Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

BLUETOOTH PASSWORD

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Default BLUETOOTH PASSWORD

Hi everyone,

Recently bought an 07 Outlander from an auction with NAVI. Tried to set up my phone with Bluetooth, and boom..... asks for a 4 number password.

Can anyone help?

Old 02-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Default RE: BLUETOOTH PASSWORD

Ive always used 0000 , but im not sure if that will work for you.

Its kinda a defualt password for bluetooth stuff.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:24 AM

You can use any password you want. Then you enter the same password when your phone asks for it. You only have to do this once, as its part of the "pairing" process.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:47 AM

Does anyone know if the 4-digit Code/password can be changed or updated and how? When would you ever use this code after pairing?

I posteda previousbluetooth question regarding the use of multiple phones https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_206005/tm.htm) and wonder if the password thing is what's messing up my phone from being seen by the system. When i press the talk button it only brings up the screen for typing in a phone number andit never asks who to call or what phone to use. My wife's phone answers/makes calls with no problems.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:25 PM

The password is for you to set. People usually do the last four of their cell number. Then you enter that "pin" number into your phone to verify the pairing.

The Outlanders BT is not a normal BT system. Its a "Hands-free BT" system, which is probably the reason for the pin #.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:57 PM

tdford,
I recall setting the password, entering it, and they system and my phone saying the pairing is complete. After that i paired my wife's (different password) and now mine won't show connected when i'm in the car. I've tried the BT talk button, the touchscreen buttons, etc but it won't ask me which phone to use or connect myphone to the system. I guess i could try deleting my phone and re-pairing it, although i already did that once.

Is the system supposed to show a list of phones paired to it?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:46 PM

cuffty, maybe you need touse the same pin # for all phones? Changing the password might of messed things up witht the two phones. Makes sense since there is no reason to have different ones because there is priority settings...

Old 02-12-2008, 01:52 PM

That's a good thought tdford. This weekend i'll go ahead and delete all phones and start over with the same password to see what happens. I did use different priorities for both our phones so maybe the different pins are screwing things up.

I hope you can delete the passwords and not just the phones.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:54 PM

Deleting the pairing deletes the password.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:23 PM

I used "0000" when I first paired my phone, a Motorlola Razr... The problem I have is that each time I switch the engine off and then restart.. such as after parking for a few minutes,, I have to go through the whole pairing process again. On my Garmin GPS the pairing is automatic once set up.
Is it possible to do the same with the Outlander?? It is so time consuming that these days I just dont bother!
Ron

Quick Reply: BLUETOOTH PASSWORD