Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Brake systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Default Brake systems

I was just wondering what everyone has on their outlanders! I know many previous threads

This is more of an informational thread. I currently have a 2009 Outlander SE and am looking for some nice looking/performing brakes to replace my oem brake system.

Just post your model year/brake rotors/calipers/pads you use/used. Post reviews and/or past experiences !

Pictures of your brakes are welcome, show off your brakes!

Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 AM

Stainless steel lines and drilled/slotted rotors are usually a good way to start for just about any vehicle. I am pretty sure the Outlander and Outlander Sport have the same braking system, but I am not positive. I think I read somewhere that the Outlander family can also upgrade to Evo brakes and some of their upgrade kits as well, but again, not positive.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by xOutlanderFiendx
looking for some nice looking/performing brakes to replace my oem brake system
My 2009 is also approaching her first brake job.
What are some upgrades I can do as I'll be providing the labour and can therefore splurge on parts. Is there a kit I can get for all 4 corners?
How much of an improvement are SS lines without replacing the calipers?

I don't want a ridiculous look - I'm more of a black caliper/drum guy instead of yellow or red.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 AM

Changed the pads out at 75k miles. Left the old rotors on. New pads are Wagner ThermoQuiet. Very grabby at first, but has settled down now and works extremely well...as good as or better than OEM.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:14 PM

Call up RRM and ask, they have some big/showy brakes on their company Outtie sport.

It looks like stop tech. But I'd think brakes are fairly easy to share amongst mitsubishi, think Evo brakes

RoadRace Motorsports | Your home for Lancer, SX4, Genesis and More

Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 PM

Burt: yeah i also hear the evo brakes are compatible, anyone can confirm?

I want to upgrade to a system that is somewhat performance, but more for show. I saw these from EBC and I kinda liked them a lot..
Amazon.com: EBC Brakes USR7441 USR Series Sport Slotted Rotor: Automotive Amazon.com: EBC Brakes USR7441 USR Series Sport Slotted Rotor: Automotive

i also think power stop are compatible, are they a good brand?

i would really love to put brembo in.. but havent done enough research..

Old 07-18-2012, 02:44 PM

I have my 09 outlander with a black and red theme going on so these black rotors would look sick.. but now i need some red calipars and some good brake pads.. suggestions!?!?

Old 07-19-2012, 05:06 AM

Ok I'll give you the bad news lol...

Unfortunately the brake caliper bolt hole centers on our or most outlanders are 130mm and Evo caliper bolt hole centers are 160mm so as you can see there's 15mm on each bolt hole..
Hence why I'm making adaptor plates to counter this prob, and also try get braking on the outer most part of the rotor to achieve maximum braking too

Old 07-19-2012, 05:09 AM

Ours are merly single pot fronts, can ou believe that!!! But they do stop rather nicely tho.. But bigger is better...and my brembos will look better on the outtie than on the shelf growing dst

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 AM

what set of brembos did you get? and whats the ETA on the adapter? =]

Quick Reply: Brake systems