Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

buy a 17 outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Default buy a 17 outlander?

Hi All,
We're considering buying a new 17 outlander sport. Looking for advice/recommendations...Reliability? etc
thanks!

Old 11-20-2017, 07:15 AM

I just bought a 2017 Outlander this past Friday (11/17). Base model in Labrador black. So far I'm very pleased with it, still have the dealer's gasoline in it.

It's not the fastest vehicle on the road but I'm a bit past that point in my life . . . .

It's comfortable, it is getting good gas mileage (~26.5) and I got it out the door for what I expected to pay for it.

Good fortune with whatever you choose . . . . . . . .

Old 11-21-2017, 02:01 PM

We purchased a new Outlander in September. Took it back today because of a fairly loud ticking noise in engine. Service dept. says it is the injectors. Sounds pretty loud. May have to find a second opinion. Only 600 miles on it.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:50 PM

I bought 2017 outlander, love the car but have a chirp sound at 1500 rpm, 28 mph, dealer cannot figure out, I am still researching. bought new. has 2k miles. they had it for 4 days and adjusted a tensioner and they could not reproduce sound so they felt it was fixed, dealer is in flat area, I live in hills, it is more noticeable going uphill slowly. Love the warranty, price, mileage, way it rides, but this sound drives me nuts.....

Old 12-29-2017, 07:13 PM

Outlander Sport great ride. Got my parents a 2015 SE Limited. Definitely try out both engine options. We chose the 2.4L engine. Have fun shopping!

Old 12-29-2017, 11:03 PM
Default Best bang for your buck

Mitsubishi gives you the best bang for your buck.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:47 PM

The Outlander (although bigger) gets better MPG's than the Sport model. So,,,,, for the price, you might consider the larger model.
If price and smaller size is what you are wanting, the OS (outlander sport) is a great lil, SUV. As long as you get the 2.4 model. 2.0's are gutless without mods. It can be done, (I've done it) but the 2.4 will give you MUCH better bang for your buck.
You can get an aluminum pulley for the 2.0 and the 2.4 as well cold air intakes and piece in some exhaust pcs. if you want. the 2.4 will also take some mods from RRM, like the timing controller. (which I have along with the pulley on my bigger outlander) You can also get a strut tower brace for a Lancer that fits them just fine and I'd recommend one to help the handling.

Good Luck with your purchase.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:24 AM

I just purchased a 17 outlander sport limited edition and I love it. Having owned nothing but used cars (05 Honda civic, 91 Toyota Supra, and another 1991 Supra) it was a nice ride. Mine came with black powder coated rims OEM and a few other options. We also went with a dealer package to get a leather interior package which is a much higher quality leather than the OEM brand. The 2L feels like it has just enough power to get the job done and seems to get good gas mileage as well. The CVT transmission seems to interesting, however it takes some time to get use too. I do wish for a bit more cargo space, but coming from a small car it'll do. One feature I love is the 4 position head light, I didn't think I would use it as much but I find myself using it more often than I thought I would.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:11 AM
Default Have 16 outlander se, US version

Hi, I was really lucky finding one year used outlander at mitsubishi dealership. It had 15k miles, still smells like new. Mine is SE version. Big screen (replacing it with aftermarket Android auto radio), 2.4L, 7 seats, heated front seats, dual A/C, keyless entry. I paid $17000+TTL compared to $25000+TTL for new. You cannot find better family car for that price. Lot of space, great view, good fuel economy and 10 years powertrain warranty. Yes, dealer gave us warranty like for a new car!

If I were you, I would look for year old at dealership. Try to avoid leather seats if you have kids. Difficult to clean.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 PM

If you are going to get the Sport think about getting the Limited Edition package. It is basically a base model that they add 18" blacked wheels and mirrors, an alloy gas door, aluminum pedals, heated seats, a 6.5" screen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and DVD. Wide HID headlights, directional foglights, red stitched leather steering, shift and emergency brake, rear back up camera, and a host of other options and THEY DON'T RAISE THE PRICE from the base price. The sticker is still around $21K. They took $2K off mine and I got all those options for well under $20,000. It's a loss leader for Mistubishi to get folk in the dealership but there aren't many available.

Quick Reply: buy a 17 outlander?