Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Buying a outlander help (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/buying-outlander-help-44177/)

Buster005 03-24-2013 01:25 AM

Buying a outlander help

Hi all I'm looking at a outlander vrx here in Australia or GT in the US. It has the 3.0L 6 cyl motor. Figures look under wheeling. We have 2 children and want to do some traveling. Can anyone comment on performance, fuel consumption and ride especially comfort
Noel

milliesdad 03-26-2013 07:11 AM

My 2012 GT gets about 20 mpg average-a little better with premium, but not enough to make a significant difference. Has a lot of get-up and go,due to the higher hp form a few years back. The only back seat passenger is my dog, but the 2 nd row seats are adjustable back and forth. Lots of cargo room with seats folded up, ith rear seats down, not so much.The flap-fold tailgate is great, but pass on the 3rd row seats unless you need seats for Munchkin

I got the R/F stereo, sun roof,towing, back up assist, rear vision camera m(well worth the cost), towing and I climate control. Added the B/T module

I'm very happy with the car. Make sure that the dealer isn't an idiot. Check the reputation the dealer has for taking care of problems. Most of them are clueless as to service after the sale.

Buster005 03-27-2013 02:54 AM

Milliesdad
Cheers mate. I have 2 children people have said its a bit of a slug but the others are out of our range $$$$ wise and it looks like it could be a good distance tourer. Are there any air vents in the rear seats???

milliesdad 03-27-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Buster005 (Post 291269)
Milliesdad
Cheers mate. I have 2 children people have said its a bit of a slug but the others are out of our range $$$$ wise and it looks like it could be a good distance tourer. Are there any air vents in the rear seats???

I thought the owner's manual mentioned them, but I have yet to find them. Maybe your sales guy would be the person to ask.

It's not bad on trips (made several 200 milers-Green Bay to Chicago) and was pretty comfortable. Arthritic back and all.

Burtonrider10022 03-27-2013 08:18 AM

Outlander Sport has vents under the drivers and passenger seats that point forward the back passengers, so you might want to check there.

Buster005 03-27-2013 10:25 PM

Guys I took it for a drive today it was ok but the AC didnt seem too cold its only done 22ooo kms ideas

Burtonrider10022 03-28-2013 12:52 AM

Tell the dealer to fix it or you'll walk

quadcam 03-28-2013 01:22 AM

Hi Buster005, I'm in QLD and have a 2012 VRX with 21000 km and the AC produces plently of cold air for all seat rows. The engine has plenty of power, but as with the V6 Pajero we had, best acceleration is achieved by first giving the throttle a bit of a squeeze to unlock the torque converter before going full throttle. If you just mash the pedal to the floor the transmission seems to pause while working out what gear to use.

Highway fuel consumption can go as low as 8L/100km but you need to be unloaded and drive softly to get those figures. 9's are readily achievable on the highway and around town 12's are more usual. Peak hour traffic crawl will use a bit more.

We have two teenage kids and there is heaps of room (including legroom) in the second row. The third row seats are definitely only for occasional use (although not all VRX's are 7 seat). If the VRX is a 5 seater it will have a full size spare tyre. Ride comfort is fine.

Buster005 03-28-2013 03:58 AM

Quadcam
I am in Brisbane, do you recommend this over the rave, tiguans etc and what setting for ac should I check?

quadcam 03-28-2013 07:07 AM

I think for the specification the VRX is very good compared to the others. I wanted something with xenon lights and NOT a CVT or DSG transmission.

The VRX has xenons, a real auto, leather seats, Sat nav, upmarket stereo, alarm, reversing camera, etc. The v6 has more power than the 147/155 Tiguan and to spec one of those with xenons and leather, etc would have been more expensive. The Rav v6 had more power but only had traction control, not the S-AWC the VRX has.

I just run the AC on face vents with the temperature set to 22 - 23 ish and the fan set to Auto speed with recirculation ON and the outer vents aimed up towards the rear of the front doors. I have ridden in the back and the AC cools there. The factory tinted windows obviously help. The only noticable thing that it doesn't have is electric folding mirrors (like the Pajero had).

If you are looking at a ZG (earlier) model I think the v6 transmission is a CVT and doesn't have S-AWC (S-AWC has tarmac, Snow & Lock modes while non-SAWC has 2wd, 4wd Auto & Lock). I had one of them as a loan car (when I went to get the Pajero and it wasn't ready) and I was not impressed by it. It would spin a front wheel/s with mild acceleration when turning and I didn't like how the CVT operated.

Is it one of the cars on Carsales?