Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

High level outputs from OEM RF amp

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Default High level outputs from OEM RF amp

I am trying to install my signal processor. I need to pull high level outputs, the signal going to the speakers, to feed into the DSP. The problem I am having is getting a full level signal. If I pull from the front and rear I am missing bass, if I pull from the sub I am missing treble.

Has anyone else hooked up an aftermarket stereo using high level inputs? If so what did you use for inputs and how did it work?

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:27 PM

What signal processor are you using? Is your system the standard audio system or the Rockford Fosgate upgraded system?

Old 09-10-2012, 05:31 PM

....and if I had read the title I could have answered one of my own questions. So what signal processor are you planning on using?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 AM

I am using a helix P dsp, I figured it out though!

The Pdsp only takes 4 high level inputs. I ordered an audio control LC6I, it takes 6 high level inputs and converts them to 6 low level. The Pdsp will take 6 low level. This has been the hardest factory system I have ever worked with.

On a high note, my LC6I. Will be here within a few hours, it won't take long to install. Then I can begin tuning.

So, are you a member over at DIYMA? I just got my outlander in July, I figured I would join the mitsu forum. I can't believe how rare outlanders seem to be. There's not a lot about them on the net. Its my favorite crossover by far. I really wanted an Evo but I have a family so the outlander was a better choice.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 PM

You're right about the Helix P-DSP, it only has the 4 inputs. Doesn't really help matters much if you needed to grab signal from the front tweets, front mids and the subwoofer. It's a good processor, but in this instance, not so much. Me personally, I really like the RF 3Sixty.3 processor, but I'm somewhat partial to the brand. The Audio Control LC6i processor should work perfectly in this case. The Outlander with the RF system has all the X-over and DSP settings built-in to the amp but changing out the speakers for a different brand isn't that easy since each channel runs off lower inpedances and not that high of power output. Adding the LC6ip processor, then adding aftermarket amps and different speakers should work fine.

Nope, not a member of DIYMA. It's not a bad forum to be a part of. I got a kick out of the offer on that forum for the garbage CCA wire that they are selling. I'll stick with my full spec copper 4ga.

Seems like the Outlanders here in the States are kind of scarce. And far less people attemping audio upgrades on the Outlanders too. Not an easy or cheap task to do.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 AM

When you convert 6 high level inputs to 6 level inputs, can you please share the conversions statistics? I was wondering if you could mux 4 high level inputs into 2 and feed the Pdsp directly, you can de-mux the same four inputs after the processing.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 AM

If you are using the pdsp, use rear and sub as your inputs. You will lose bt and nav voice but its the only way to get a full signal. Also in the summing matrix add the sub to the midbass for more output.

I used the audio control LC6I but it gave me a slight noise. I finally have all of my tweaking done and it sounds excellent. At sometime I may upgrade to a cdsp, but I am in no hurry.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM

If you are here in the USA, the C-DSP is unfortunately not available. I think there was only one person that was ever shipped one here in the USA.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 AM

You can get them again. They had a mix up, but they are available again.