Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Can anyone help me find Airtrek headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 03:06 AM
Default Can anyone help me find Airtrek headlights?

Hello all! Brand spankin' new here, so this is my first post on here! Nice to find a Mitsu forum that seems to actually be active and have a good community (seems rare oddly enough).. but back on topic now 😋

I'm about to get an 06 Outlander Turbo (first gen, CU2W) soon, and I really (more than I can emphasize with words that at least make me still seem sane) want to put the Airtrek front on it.

While that may seem as simple as just ordering the Airtrek Turbo CU2W/CU4W bits from Japan, I live in Norway, and we have headlight beam-pattern requirements, so JDM headlights would then have the mirrored version of the beam-pattern I would need, so I wonder..

Do any LHD versions of the lights exist? I have seen
where it seems to be the case of a LHD Airtrek, but that could just be RHD parts on a LHD one while still having RHD headlights.

Are there any projector based so the projectors themselves could be swapped from RHD to LHD ones from other Mitsubishi's?

Do any aftermarket options for LHD versions exist? (Or OEM for that matter)

Any suggestions about ways to make it work?

Any help is very welcome

So far all I have been able to find are these headlights with projectors, but my japanese is not exactly good, and I have no clue how to even get ahold of some of these (but if I did, at least then I'd probably be able to swap them for different projectors, or if it's flat-beam like it seems that they have then it would probably be fine too if I could even get some of those)

Old 10-29-2021, 07:43 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mainfold
Hello all! Brand spankin' new here, so this is my first post on here! Nice to find a Mitsu forum that seems to actually be active and have a good community (seems rare oddly enough).. but back on topic now 😋

I'm about to get an 06 Outlander Turbo (first gen, CU2W) soon, and I really (more than I can emphasize with words that at least make me still seem sane) want to put the Airtrek front on it.

While that may seem as simple as just ordering the Airtrek Turbo CU2W/CU4W bits from Japan, I live in Norway, and we have headlight beam-pattern requirements, so JDM headlights would then have the mirrored version of the beam-pattern I would need, so I wonder..

Do any LHD versions of the lights exist? I have seen this video where it seems to be the case of a LHD Airtrek, but that could just be RHD parts on a LHD one while still having RHD headlights.

Are there any projector based so the projectors themselves could be swapped from RHD to LHD ones from other Mitsubishi's?

Do any aftermarket options for LHD versions exist? (Or OEM for that matter)

Any suggestions about ways to make it work?

Any help is very welcome

So far all I have been able to find are these headlights with projectors, but my japanese is not exactly good, and I have no clue how to even get ahold of some of these (but if I did, at least then I'd probably be able to swap them for different projectors, or if it's flat-beam like it seems that they have then it would probably be fine too if I could even get some of those)
Those headlights you posted look awesome, do you know if they make lights for a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander?

You can check ebay too.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Those headlights you posted look awesome, do you know if they make lights for a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander?

You can check ebay too.
08 as in 2nd gen Outlander late model 1st gen (usually Airtrek's then I guess if later than 06)?

Seen a bunch of projector headlights results for 2nd gen on my google-searches for it for the 1st gen Airtrek, so I would assume there's a bunch for the 2nd gen.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:25 AM

Yes the 2008 is the second gen, where did you see the projector headlights?

Old 10-30-2021, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Yes the 2008 is the second gen, where did you see the projector headlights?
when googling outlander projector headlights, there were multiple for 2md gen popping up in image results

Old 11-09-2021, 03:44 PM

So it seems I have actually made some progress in my search.. I found out they got LHD Airtreks in Armenia, problem is, I don't know if they had RHD or LHD headlights on them.

If only there was some Armenian on the forum that I could ask