Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

can bicycles fit inside a 2007 Outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Default RE: can bicycles fit inside a 2007 Outlander?

ORIGINAL: antlip

Yea there is no switch in the back of mine. You UK guys must be lazier than us americans. I never thought I would say another county was lazier at something. Imagine that. I have to walk to each side and flip them up 1 by 1. That looks like a full size mountain bike fitting in the back. By the way how did you scroll around on the japense website?
It's nothing to do with lazy but more to do with ££££££, I feal better every time you guys find something we have that you don't, it's a tiny little bit more justice for the amount of extra ££, still getting ripped tho!

As for scrolling around the Japanese websites, I speak fluent Japanese, if you need a translation just hit me up!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Nah was talking pure Bull S**t, I just guess, hit a button and hope something comes up with anobvious pic. lol

Old 03-26-2007, 06:26 PM

LMAO I speak fluent UK and English. I looked about the UK with ease.They have locks for seats that are quick and easy now. Its hard to describe but your kind of flip a lever and the seat loosens up and you can adjust it. Flip the lever back to tighten it and your good to go. Any big time biker will know what im talking about.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
JMC

I would love to have the "lazy" option.........

Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 AM

Bought a mountain bike today with a friend. He bought this external hookup Allen bike rack and we easily carried 2 bikes back to his house where my Outlander was waiting. Moment of truth, it took some effort to put my bike the cargo area of my Outlander. Since the bike I bought didn't come with a quick release latch on the front wheels (I don't think I'd need the feature anyway), so I had to wrestle to get the bike to fit. I came to the conclusion then that bikes were not meant to be stowed in the cargo area of a midsized SUV. Sure we want cargo space in a CUV, but since it's midsized, it has it's limits. Ideal would have been the roof rack mounted bike carrier but it's too much investment for now for a seasonal and occasional biking in spring and summer. And I found the Allen bike rack to be very efficient in doing it's job that I bought one on the way home for 40$. Hooks up easily, and stows easily too. In the process of trying to fit that bike in the cargo area, I managed to make light scrathes on the beige plastic and created a nice trail of dirt in the black carpet of the cargo area. [:@]

Check out their products: http://www.allenracks.com. I got the model 102-D for 2 bikes. But nature is so unpredictable, the temps dipped to the low 40s again this PM when it was close to 80 this AM. So the break-in for my Mongoose bike has to wait until the weekend.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:01 AM

I remembered reading this thread and just recently have been putting my bike in the back, so I figured I'd throw the pic out there for the sake of searches.
This is a very large mountain bike with a very high seat (I'm 6'4" 36"+inseam). I take the front wheel off and it fits really nicely. I have to tilt it when I roll it in (seat too high for opening) but it stands up straight inside). You could do two bikes if you lined them up differently (I prefered to keep the sub in place ).

Name:  DSCN2341.jpg
Views: 3040
Size:  94.2 KB

Old 08-25-2007, 06:22 AM

I prefer having an external bike carrier. I don't want to all that mud smeared all over the vehicle's trunk. Actually that external strap-on bike carrier fit the bill nicely, and I didn't have to remove it to open the rear. And neither would I want to wrestle with the bike to mount it in the roof. A tow mounted carrier might be better but I don't have anything else to tow to justify the extra expense for the tow package so it's strap on for now.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:34 AM

Went to Canadian Tire in Toronto last nite, picked up a new mountain bike for my son. Had a heck of a time getting it into the back of the Outlander, ended up with a nice black line from one of the handlebars across the roof material, hopefully will wash out (vehicle is all of 5 days new!). I had folded the seats forward, only way i was eventually able to get bike in was to wrangle it at an angle, even then it was a tight fit and i was very worried about damaging something in the back. I wouldn't recommend this for regular use, fortunately for us it was just to get the bike home, no way i would try to use the Outlander for transporting a bike on a regular basis.

My two cents, for what it's worth.

Dave

Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 AM

Yeah, you're right that it's not going to stay clean back there, but this is why I didn't get another sedan. I knew I was going to 'tarnish' the interior when I bought it. I ride a lot and I like to leave the bike inside most of the time... I wouldn't want to leave a bike on a rack for most of the time. - plus, I want snowboards inside in the winter.

I joke, but seriously, if you're going to put a rack on, why not just get a sedan? Better mileage, better performance? I would SOOO much rather drive an EVO.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:20 PM

I agree that we are getting ripped offf
in UK.
I've just bought an ex demonstrator Elegance model loaded with extras, new it would have cost me about £28,000; I see the Canadian Mitsu web site seems to be offering the same spec ( but with a more expensive V 6 Engine) for the equivelent of about £19,000 !!!. I cant really complain though as I saved about 5 grand by buying second hand, ------However see my post re Turbo pipe ?? -- Matter has now been resolved, new pipe fitted, dealer is giving me 3 years cost free parts and labour servicing, ; 15 % off all other costs as long as I own the car and a written guarantee that if the the fault reoccurs within the next 6 months I get back purchase price of the car in full---. Deal or no deal ????,,,, You bet I did !!
Cheers
Ron

Quick Reply: can bicycles fit inside a 2007 Outlander?