Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Car pulls to the left? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/car-pulls-left-2799/)

outlancer 12-13-2004 04:01 PM

Car pulls to the left?

Just as the title says my car pulls to the left and has done so since i purchased it. The funny thing that once in a while it wil dart straight as if no problem. Do any of yall have any problems as well, and if enough maybe we can have the manufacturer look into it and have the problem corrected.

tuner automotive 12-13-2004 04:08 PM

RE: Car pulls to the left?

If you are running the stock geolander tires , there garbage, mine does the same thing.
depending on the mileage of your car , alignment is under warrenty for the 1st 3-6k miles.

outlancer 12-13-2004 04:12 PM

yup i have the geo's but i have almost 14,500 miles so the warranty for the alignment is probably no good. so really it is the tires that is crazy, never heard of anything like that but you probably have more experience than me. Besides it gives me a reason to opt for the 20inches. Thanx for your help

tuner automotive 12-13-2004 04:16 PM

yup the stock tires are garbage , price point entry level tires.
If they havent been rotated routinly and tire pressure checked all the time they will wear uneven and cause it to pull all over the place.

outlancer 12-13-2004 06:00 PM

i rotated myself had them balanced and set at manufacturers psi, but that didnt correct the problem. do u think the dealer knows about this.

tuner automotive 12-14-2004 02:55 AM

The delaer has no connection with the tires and all wear and warranties are thru the tire manu.
They are price point , hence they were designed with softer materials and subject to early wear.
If they are not properly set psi (all times)
Rotated every 3 - 6k miles
They WILL turn to POOP!
My suggestion is to get new tires , but before you do that have the alignment and brakes checked just to be sure.

wicked_outlander 12-14-2004 07:05 AM

guys talkin about the yokohama tires???[sm=icon_quiet.gif]

tuner automotive 12-14-2004 10:52 AM

YUP.
The series of geolanders that mitsu got were budget series.
They make the same tires but in a better compound that will outlast the stock outlander tires.
Yokos are good tires , dont get me wrong, just that the current series of geolanders on our stock outlanders are below par.

JMC 12-16-2004 06:42 PM

The yokohama tires my friend has on his Subuaru do the same thing....cheap tires.

wicked_outlander 12-27-2004 04:42 PM

suggestions?? thinkin buyin new sets.