Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Cathode (neon) floor lighting - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Default Cathode (neon) floor lighting - Pics

I installed some floor lighting in my Outlander yesterday. It was about $10 for the computer light tubes and $10 for materials. I now have a white fluorescent light for each of the front foot areas and a black fluorescent light for each of the rear foot ares operated by 2 switches that I hid under the dash.

I didn't cut into any of the Outlander's wiring, so that I could remove the whole thing and return to stock without any damage done. The pics are from my cheap digital camera. The black light is nice at night and the cathode lights up nice (not half way like in the pic). The white is much brighter.

Has anyone done something like this to their Outlander here? I was hesitant that it would be out of place, but you can't see anything in the day and at night, it's kind of fun.

Old 09-11-2005, 01:50 AM
Default RE: Cathode (neon) floor lighting - Pics

im in the proccess of putting LEDs in mine. but it looks good. are the tubes covered by anything or are they open? oh and did you do the job yourself? id like to know the power souce (if you dont mind) since you said you didnt cut into the wiring.

very nice job though [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-11-2005, 02:31 AM

The power comes from a device known as "add a circuit" that I got from AutoZone. It's a fuse splitter that plugs into the fuse box. It allows you to add a fuse and has a power lead coming right off of it. I simply unpluged my "rearview mirror" fuse and plugged in the splitter, added a 3A fuse for the lighting and the power was mine!!

The cathode tubes are covered in high impact plastic, so it's not like a bulb exposed to the world. From what I've heard they're brighter than typical LED's and draw less power. I installed everything myself. I'm very novice, but everything came out extremely clean.

Old 09-11-2005, 05:04 AM
JMC

Looks pretty cool....see if you can get some better pics.