Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Changed tyres from the Bridgestones to the Continental (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/changed-tyres-bridgestones-continental-21016/)

fkadir 08-05-2007 09:00 AM

Changed tyres from the Bridgestones to the Continental

Just changed from the OEM Bridgestone Dueler H/T 225/55/R18 to the Continental ContiCrossContact UHP 235/55/R18.

Did about 200 miles on the new shoes and the difference is night and day IMHO. The Conti's grip is better on both dry and wet roads and noise levels have dropped to a barely noticable hum. Good shoes to wear for Summer if you not planning to do any serious off-roading.

2 thumbs up! :)

evoracer 08-05-2007 10:36 AM

RE: Changed tyres from the Bridgestones to the Continental

Good to hear. The noise from the tires is my biggest gripe.

BoldlyGoingNowhere 08-05-2007 01:12 PM

I have the LS, it came with Yokohama Geolanders. I really quite like them, quite grippy in the rain.

tcp 08-05-2007 10:04 PM

I find the Geolandersrather poorfor this vehicle. They are very noisy on different road surfaces. They are on the cheap end of the OEM scale.

BoldlyGoingNowhere 08-05-2007 10:39 PM

I dont care about noise I care about grip and rain performance. Yes they are noisy, though only in turns with speed and they hum like my Alero when the hubs go bad. (the hubs are fine) I guess well see how they are in the snow.

I have a set of very quiet high mileage michelin XLT on my silverado, very quiet and absolutely suck in the rain and very horrible in the snow even in 4WD. They are awesome on the freeway. I hate them, if I didnt have a concience I would sell them, but it rains a lot here and couldnt let anyone else use them. They came on the truck, cant afford to replace them now anyway.

07outty 08-06-2007 09:30 AM

my xls came with goodyears. ? ? ? ?

bnilguy 08-06-2007 09:47 AM

The OP has Singapore as his location..so I'm guessing that's why. I have the Goodyears as well. The 17s are Yokohamas in the States, at least (and have a horrible treadwear rating 200 vs 400 on the Goodyears)

BoldlyGoingNowhere 08-06-2007 10:36 AM

For the most part on inexpensive tires treadwear and grip dont go hand in hand. You get one or the other not both. Ill take grip anyday.

abrcrombe 08-06-2007 01:58 PM

Goodyears here too.

josh_raben1971 08-08-2007 08:38 PM

I replaced the STOCK 225-55-R18 Goodyear tires with Bridgestone H/L Alenza V-rated tires in a 235-55-R18....this was the best move I could have made. The handling improvement and wet traction are GREAT.....as well as they are quieter.