Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Connectors behind Grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Default Connectors behind Grille

THere are three electrical connectors located behind the grille. My LS does not have fog lights (yet), and was wondering if they were for the fog lights. I'm assuming the wiring is there even though the vehicle doesn't have them installed.
and if they are for the fog lamps, where can i get the corresponding connectors. Would I have to get the dash switch at the dealer? I'm just trying to understand this vehicle. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Default RE: Connectors behind Grille

The Outlanders do have all the wiring in place which will make it a breeze to hook up the factory fog lights. You can get the parts at the dealer and some places online sell the kits, I think they are around $120 from an online place. The dealer charges in the neighborhood of $40 just for the dash switch, hence I have no factory fog lights on mine.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:41 AM

If I can get a switch that looks like and fits in place of the factory switch, that's ok, but if I have to, I'll spend the $40 or so for the switch. Any idea on companies that provide plug-in compatibility with this vehicle? I usually work on older vehicles, and by work, I mean, bumper to bumper, engine electrical, pulling engines stuff like that. but I'd like t ofind a custom solution other than the dealer, and not having to do a bunch of cutting, soldering, and shrink wrapping (I don't do butt connectors or electrical tape). I like to do it once and that's it. Thanks again.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:10 PM

No, sorry, unaware of any "plug and play" capable switches on the market, I have not taken the "blank" off to look at the connections. I wanted my switch in a different location than the factory spot anyway, so I put in a small black LED(blue light) rocker switch on my fog lights. I do not have factory fog lights on my car though. You could consider putting in a set of the PIAA or other lights with the wireless remote switch. No wiring into the cab for the switch is such a good thing in my book, I still need to route my wires properly.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
JMC

I think you'll be better off with the OEM connectors for this...junk yard!

HEY!!!

HEY YOU!

Old 04-03-2006, 03:47 PM

To the Junkyard I'm-a-goin' then.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
JMC

If they have an Outlander there you'll be golden bro!

Old 04-04-2006, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Senor_Paco

To the Junkyard I'm-a-goin' then.
get as much as you can...(if they have outtie ) get the ecu and staff...throttle head...

Old 04-05-2006, 12:35 PM
JMC

That might be too much...to get and buy depending on who's running the Junkyard. But...it would be nice to have.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:05 PM

i did the factory fogs. i bought a set on ebay for $75. it came with a bad switch so i had to spend the $40 for it.

works great and was very easy to install.

Im still gonna do a few more lights before im done with it.

Quick Reply: Connectors behind Grille