Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

customized {?} outlander

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Default RE: customized {?} outlander

that makes no sense at all because my girlfriend actually took the car to the store while the maf was off and all i had to do was reconnect it and after a while the servic light went off with no problems

Old 07-22-2004, 10:23 AM

service engine light comes on beacause computer is noticing more airflow into intake. that is why when everyone puts these on- the car is "chugging"...once again you have to have cars computer and/or chip reset to accomodate more airflow... same with exhaust.. car senses free flowing exhaust, and you lose horsepower at low rpms. horsepower only increase at mid to high rpm bands....unless computer and chip is reset to accomodate...at least this is what my tech is telling me.. all i know is that before we did mods, car was alittle "weak". now- you can really feel the pull.. intake whines real nice, and exhaust has a "ferarri" sound to it without being overly loud....

Old 12-11-2004, 09:25 PM

hmmmm......mine still pullin hard w/out resetin the brain (intake, exhaust and ignition wires) but i, would like to give em' a try (resetting program)

Old 12-16-2004, 06:55 PM
JMC

I'm at 210 with all the crap I did..........it's does make a BIG difference.
Dyno tested...Mother approved.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:45 PM

same as lancer...(engine) is that mean throttle head same size???

Old 12-27-2004, 04:46 PM

210??? care to share some???

Old 12-28-2004, 02:16 PM
JMC

You'd have to see it to believe it............I'll tell you what.

Old 01-10-2005, 02:27 PM

Looks like you guys could use some help so here it is.

Step 1: Remove old intake box (keep it just in case!!!)

Step 2: Put a bag over the MAF to keep dust out. (You can take off the maf sensor wires but you dont need too.)

Step 3: Remove accordian looking intake pipe (Keep that too).

Step 4: Put on new intake pipe with rubber coupling tighten but not to hard so you can adjust it.

Step 5: Attach the MAF to the intake pipe, again tighten but not too tight for adjustments.

Step 6: Take the Bag off the MAF and put on filter and tighten bolts (best way to to this tighten the top left then bottom right then top right then bottom left, to ensure a very good tight seal (you do not want a leak).

Step 7: re-install the vaccum lines ensure these are nice and secure vaccum leaks are not good at all.

Step 8: Re-tighten all parts nice and tight. (Re-install the MAF wires, if you disconected)

Step 9: Start the car let it run for a little bit, also give it a little gas let the ecu read how much air is coming in. (Check engine light might come on, dont worry its ok)

Step 10: Shut the car off, Disconnect the battery for about an hour, both pos and neg.

Step 11: Re-connect the battery and start the car, if you had a check engine light it should be gone by now.

Notes: Even if you didnt get a check engine light the first time you started the car its still a good idea disconnect the battery.

: Sometimes the ecu just wont like the intake and keep lighting up. There is nothing you can do about it, it should be drivable, but if you want your warranty i would go back to stock.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:22 PM
JMC

Sounds standard to me.................