Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dash kits for 07+

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Default Dash kits for 07+

I wont comment on how much I like these ([:'(]), but it's nice to see aftermarket stuff that appears to be specifically made for the 07+ (although it says 08'). I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume it might look pretty cool in carbon fiber or something. I was hoping they had the Nav version for my stupid stereo install! No dice though.

http://www.bitrim.com/wd828a.htm

Old 07-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Default RE: Dash kits for 07+

This is what you want

http://www.sherwooddash.com/Parent/search.asp

Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 PM

Interesting. I like what comes stock on the car, but I guess I would have to see it before I could really say no.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:48 PM

OEM

Name:  woodgraininstrumentpanel.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  7.6 KBName:  woodgraingearshiftpanel.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  9.0 KBName:  woodgrainfaciaMMCS.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  10.0 KB
Name:  woodgrainfacia.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  10.4 KBName:  pianoblackinstrumentpanel.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  8.4 KBName:  pianoblackfacia.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  11.0 KB

Old 07-23-2007, 04:00 PM

this is my problem too. i have a double din DVD that i need to install and i cant find a dash kit to support it. will these ones posted work?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:18 PM

here is another place that i found...
http://www.dashkitspecialties.com/MIOR07C.html

Old 07-23-2007, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: 07mivec

this is my problem too. i have a double din DVD that i need to install and i cant find a dash kit to support it. will these ones posted work?
I think you have to hack your original faceplate to fit the DD then apply the trim to it to cover the hack job.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 07mivec

Couldn't you justfit it into this blank plate that comes on the lowest of the Japanese spec?

Name:  woodgrainfaciablankpanel.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  8.3 KB

Old 07-23-2007, 06:59 PM

I think the wood grain etc. is all really thin stuff to apply over a solid surface.

I don't think hacking the non-nav face plate will leave you with a clean shaped surround. If you look close, the gap between the hole and the hazard button looks different. I'm not sure though... you could try it.

I lost patience and just bit the bullet and bought a OEM nav faceplate. Chewed me for $150 - not to mention I only have a single din head unit anyway. I will make a fill plate similar to what Zontarh posted above, until someone comes out with a double din that I like (kenwood is close, but the USB port is on the front. Duh.)

I wouldn't hold your breath on an aftermarket kit anytime soon. They will have to incorporate the seatbelt/airbag warning light lenses as well as the hazard flasher button. Neither of the two big kit makers have plans (per website, and I emailed one of them). Kind of bites.

On the bright side... this forum has figured out the wiring you need, since there aren't any wiring harnesses

BTW, whatever you do, you need the little circuit board with the hazard button on it and airbag lights. You will have a constant service warning without it plugged in (airbag).

Old 07-23-2007, 07:05 PM

So are you saying the nav faceplate doesnt fit where the base faceplate does? So its not a direct replacement?

Did you check to see if its DD with the nav faceplate without fillers? Or you dont have it yet.

Quick Reply: Dash kits for 07+