Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dash kits for 07+

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Default RE: Dash kits for 07+

Don't have it yet, but yeah, it should be a direct replacement... I just think if you cut the same square hole in the non-nav faceplate, the original outline of the stereo would extend beyond that square. Does that make sense? I'm not even sure though.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 PM

Well you could do something that would benefeit all of us that haaate the oembaseunits. Take it to a car stereo place and see how it matches up to a DD unit. That we can have some idea if it would work if we get a DD unit. Also take pics of the plate and the brackets. Hopefully it pans out, I want a new stereo for x-mas.

Im pretty sure hacking the base face plate would only end up a mess which is why covering it with the trim would possibly work.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:14 PM

Dont tell me those are the stickers that you put all over your car.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Dont tell me those are the stickers that you put all over your car.
Are you asking about the trim kits? Yes they are "plates" that adhere to the original plastic. At least the ones I looked at, you can tell if they give you a link to the instructions. Also the plastic prep stuff can be harsh on the plastic and turn it grey so you'll want to be careful.

Personally I dont mind going to the trouble for the radio but the rest of the car I would consider having a trim shop do it. I dont have the patience for fussy things.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:08 PM

chili, could you post a link on where you bought your OEM Navigation dash? i think it might be worth my while to get it from where you got yours. and does it come in anything else but wood grain, because wood grain IMO is ugly as s*!t thanks!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:13 AM

The part I got was the OEM one. It should be the same finish as your current dash.
I still don't have it in hand though... the guy found the part number and was ordering it - he was going to make sure it was the right thing when it got in, then ship it to me. I'll let you know if it's correct, and post some more info when I get it.

FYI, I got it from http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/. I hope that's not against the rules to post... but Ihave no affiliation. They just seem to have decent prices and $3.95 flat shipping charge. I got my mudguards from there no prob and they were cheaper than ebay (shipped).

My local dealer was a really cool guy and tried to help (even faxing me some parts diagrams), but we couldn't track that NAV version down in the parts catalog. The guy (Tim) at that site seems to have found it (again, I haven't seen final verification yet though).

Old 07-25-2007, 11:18 AM

Ive posted about them before, I plan on getting the window shields from them. I was also going to call them for pricing for the faceplate. Guess you did that for me

Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 PM

i called tim, and hes going to send a picture of this part through this thread hopefully today as he said Chili's should come in today.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:35 PM

Hi, my name's Tim, I'm the person that chili_g's been dealing with

This is the piece he ordered, the inside dimensions of the aperture are roughly 8.25" x 4.5" . Remember that the opening's kind of elliptically shaped, so the measurement's not dead spot on.

Here's a shot of the piece itself, which is being shipped out now, actually

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9...d/MVC-029S.jpg

Old 07-25-2007, 01:07 PM

how wide is the opening?

Quick Reply: Dash kits for 07+