Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

did a bit of work last night

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007 | 09:32 AM
tcp
|
Default did a bit of work last night

I got my Curt hitch last night and installed it on my 07 outlander. Went on fine and you can still lower the spare tire without to much tugging.I also got a set of headlight protectors (X-pel kit# H2918A) and installed those as well. They came long enough to go around the signal part of the headlamps, but getting it to fit flat around the corner was a problem so i trimmed them off at the corner. I don't see a lot of rocks hitting my vehicle from the side... Anyway they fit perfectly otherwise and went on very easily (I also got a set for my 05 sienna and they were MUCH more difficult as the headlights have all kinds of curves and bends to them). Hope they save my headlights for a long time. I also ordered a hood deflector and rear cargo mat. A box came that was supposed to contain the hood deflector as well, but it had another set of headlight covers in it, that didn't match any vehicle I own, so working on getting that exchanged. I'll update when that arrives and snap a few pics when it's all installed. I ordered everything except the hitch here:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/

Old 08-01-2007 | 07:48 PM
Default RE: did a bit of work last night

Which rear mat did you order? Can't wait for the pics!

Old 08-02-2007 | 09:07 AM
tcp
|
Default RE: did a bit of work last night

I ordered the hexomat unit. It came in yesterday and it is nice and cut to fit the rear cargo area. It is obviously recently produced because it still smells very strongly of plastic. I couldn't put it in the car because of the fumes, so I'm letting it offgas outside for a day or two until it smells less. Still working on the hood deflector with the mailorder company. If they don't fix the issue today, i've got to call my credit card company and get them to reverse the charges...that usually gets a bit of attention.