Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Different Mitsu Navs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Default Different Mitsu Navs?

Does anybody know if the Nav system for the Outlander is the same as the NAV for the Lancer?

does RF sound make up difference?

I have a local with Lancer Nav and am considering to purchase. What else do I need? sat receiver?

Old 06-20-2011, 10:49 PM

1. Yes. it's the same
2. For me, yes
3. You need the MMCS + installation kit. For Sirius, you need receiver+installation kit https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ht=intallation
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ghlight=sirius

Old 06-21-2011, 09:34 AM

I have the Rockford Fosgate system now with Sirius satellite so I imagine I have the sat receiver and kit already.

What is MMCS?

Oh yeah, just remembered. Does it matter what year the unit is from?

I do notice that there are NAV upgrades but not sure what that does or how often they need updating.

joe

Last edited by joetiii; 06-21-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM

Yeah, if you have the 6cd with sat the MMCS will be simply plug and play.

I know they just updated the North American map and if you are in Canada, the bluetooth model.

So 2011 unit will be ideal, otherwise, no difference between 2007 through 2010.

Originally Posted by joetiii
I have the Rockford Fosgate system now with Sirius satellite so I imagine I have the sat receiver and kit already.

What is MMCS?

Oh yeah, just remembered. Does it matter what year the unit is from?

I do notice that there are NAV upgrades but not sure what that does or how often they need updating.

joe

Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 PM

I imagine the bezel needs to be changed out. anybody know how much that sets ya back?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 AM

that's included in the installation kit

I imagine the bezel needs to be changed out. anybody know how much that sets ya back?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by greatcat
that's included in the installation kit
I am lloking at a used one out of a Lancer so I imagine the dash bezel is different for Outtie, No?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:50 AM

I am lloking at a used one out of a Lancer so I imagine the dash bezel is different for Outtie, No?
Totally different. you need the installation kit for sure.

btw. i got one on sale, including the installation kit, let me know if you need it.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by greatcat
Totally different. you need the installation kit for sure.

btw. i got one on sale, including the installation kit, let me know if you need it.
yeah I saw in the for sale section. I just don't have that kinda jing right now. The 08 Lancer local to me is less money but no dash kit so I have to do all my research first.

If yours is factory original Nav,would you get me the VIN for your car so the local mits dealer can look up the bezel correctly?

Thanx,

BTW, my daughter was wondering if there is a hook up for her iPod.

As well, are all MMCS compatible with Rockford Fasgate?

Last edited by joetiii; 06-23-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:30 PM

yeah I saw in the for sale section. I just don't have that kinda jing right now. The 08 Lancer local to me is less money but no dash kit so I have to do all my research first.

If yours is factory original Nav,would you get me the VIN for your car so the local mits dealer can look up the bezel correctly?

Thanx,

BTW, my daughter was wondering if there is a hook up for her iPod.

As well, are all MMCS compatible with Rockford Fasgate?
Hey Joetiii, fair enough. Not sure how much the local machine is for, but I'm having it out at $1000 on ebay....

Don't want to give out the VIN number, but the installation kit's part number uis everywhere. Not sure exactly which" bezel" you were referring to, but if you are talking about the metal bracket, I'm sure it will come with the cable and harness as well. If you are talking about the plastic front panel, you can get it from Japanparts.com

Finally, mine is a 2010 Canadian model, no ipod connector. But using a RCA cable should solve that.

As far as I know, all MMCS are compatible with Rockford.

Quick Reply: Different Mitsu Navs?