Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2014 Outlander Sport - connect audio to USB port

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Question 2014 Outlander Sport - connect audio to USB port

The Outlander Sport does not have an AUX audio input for me to plug in my Sirius Satellite radio. I know I can use the FM Modulator function on the radio, but the sound quality is crap. Anyone know of a USB-to-3.5mm audio jack adapter out there that would allow me to plug in my satellite radio & play sound through the car speakers?

I found some of them on Amazon, but they're designated to work in computers so am not sure if they will work in a car. Here are a few samples:

iLuv USB Audio Adapter ($9.99) ->
Amazon.com: iLuv USB Audio Adapter (iCB758WHT) - Retail Packaging: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: iLuv USB Audio Adapter (iCB758WHT) - Retail Packaging: MP3 Players & Accessories

Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB sterea audio adapter ($8.49) ->
Amazon.com: Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS: Computers & Accessories

Old 07-01-2014, 07:42 PM

What you found on Amazon likely won't work. These are designed to add audio to a laptop or PC. So the sound will go from the the PC to the headphones jack. Not the direction you want.
I doubt you'll find anything to connect to USB, pretend it is a flash card with a single file on it, and then stream your radio. I've never heard of products like this.

You are likely better off looking for something that can stream music from a AUX input over Bluetooth. Then the sound quality will be good. I don't have any actual suggestions on who sells these and if they exist and readily available