Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD Headrests installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Default DVD Headrests installation

Hi All
This is my fisrt post as I am about to take ownership of a 59 plate Outlander Elegance.

I have bought 9" HD903 Headrests from ebay for it and had a couple of questions on installation.
  • Do the seat backs come off the front seats to aid installation or will I have to fish the cables down the inside of the seats.
  • Where is the best place to connect the 12v power to the headrest. Is the a 12v socket in the rear that I could hardwire to.
  • What type of connections would you recommend.
Thanks for any help.
N

Old 09-15-2010, 05:59 PM

I have an 09 Outlander, so I can tell you from that.

My front seats have a hidden zipper. I was able to unzip them and run the cable inside of the seat itself.

There is a 12v power source in the center console. I tapped into that to power the unit.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:25 AM

Cheers RIP

Is there a 12v in the rear also? Sorry but i dont get the car til tomorrow.

Cheers
N

Old 09-16-2010, 04:32 AM

There is 12V at the bottom of the front seats in the floor. The connectors rise from the floor and are zip tied to the seat bottom. You can use, for example, seat heaters, power seats, etc. Plenty to choose from...

Old 01-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Question 12V under seat

Mitsubishi Outlander 2011, Rockford Fosgate.
I just bought two headrest DVDs. I connected everything but I don't know how to do the electrical. I just read the note from Ivanz about 12V connectors under the seat. This would be a lifesaver for me! Ivanz, could you show a picture of these connectors? My headrest DVDs just came (as far as the electrical connection goes) with the red and black cables. I know I gotta do more research to arrive at the final solution, but if I can identify where I will need to connect the DVD headrests, then I can focus in getting the appropriate connector/adapter for my black and red cables.
Also, if those 12V connectors are there (for power seats that I don't have) will they have their corresponding Fuse in the fusebox or should I get a fuse?
I guess I can open and look, but asking anyway.
Also, if the connections are as simple as piggy backing onto the already available 12V connectors intended for power seats, do I have to disconnect the battery when plugging in the DVD headrests?

Old 01-29-2011, 03:42 PM
tcp
Default be very careful with connectors under the seats.

Seat mounted airbags have their electrical connectors under there. You may have them go off unexpectedly or not at all during and accident.

Originally Posted by Saurio
Mitsubishi Outlander 2011, Rockford Fosgate.
I just bought two headrest DVDs. I connected everything but I don't know how to do the electrical. I just read the note from Ivanz about 12V connectors under the seat. This would be a lifesaver for me! Ivanz, could you show a picture of these connectors? My headrest DVDs just came (as far as the electrical connection goes) with the red and black cables. I know I gotta do more research to arrive at the final solution, but if I can identify where I will need to connect the DVD headrests, then I can focus in getting the appropriate connector/adapter for my black and red cables.
Also, if those 12V connectors are there (for power seats that I don't have) will they have their corresponding Fuse in the fusebox or should I get a fuse?
I guess I can open and look, but asking anyway.
Also, if the connections are as simple as piggy backing onto the already available 12V connectors intended for power seats, do I have to disconnect the battery when plugging in the DVD headrests?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:03 PM

If you want to use the power seat power connector, then the car should already have the right fuses (mine did, despite not having power seats).
I think its quite obvious which connectors relate to safety/airbags, as they are bright yellow and they are not spare. The spare ones can be checked with a multimeter and you should easily be able to find a spare one providing 12V when the car is on.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:27 PM

Quick question. What if you have an outlander with electric seats and heated seats and you plug DVD players to these 12V power outputs. Can you blow fuse if you are playing dvd and move have heater`s on.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 AM

How is the color match on the HD903 set to the factory black leather seats?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:04 PM

Just got my HD905s.

Wow, 9" LCD headrest is huge! Almost twice wide as stock headrest.

The installation itself took about 20 minutes, no need to unfasten bottom parts thanks to zippers on seat's back.

Used the pole adapters (were included).

Got 12V from the lighter inside the box. Will rewire to the front lighter though as it is switchable and I am not sure about leaving the screens always powered.

Black color is quite similar to the factory one, while texture slightly differs.
I guess after applying some leather ArmorAll (HD905 are less shiny) the difference will be invisible.

Quick Reply: DVD Headrests installation