Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD Headrests installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 PM

Would each headrest have its own DVD player or only one has it?
If both have it, can you play a movie on one player and display on both screens? Is there a wire connecting the headrests or some wireless connection perhaps?

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Just got my HD905s.

Wow, 9" LCD headrest is huge! Almost twice wide as stock headrest.

The installation itself took about 20 minutes, no need to unfasten bottom parts thanks to zippers on seat's back.

Used the pole adapters (were included).

Got 12V from the lighter inside the box. Will rewire to the front lighter though as it is switchable and I am not sure about leaving the screens always powered.

Black color is quite similar to the factory one, while texture slightly differs.
I guess after applying some leather ArmorAll (HD905 are less shiny) the difference will be invisible.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by zuczek
Would each headrest have its own DVD player or only one has it?
If both have it, can you play a movie on one player and display on both screens? Is there a wire connecting the headrests or some wireless connection perhaps?
Both have its own DVD.
You can display a movie from one headrest on both.
They are wired (video/audio in and out).

Only wireless connectivity is FM transmitter for the car audio and IR transmitters for wireless phones (included).

Old 06-27-2013, 05:20 AM

Also need help about the headrest car dvd. I want two pcs headrest dvd for my Ford. Then I find this 7 inch Digital Car Headrest DVD Player with USB/SD/GAME/IR/FM transmitter from justcardvd. Here is the specification. Is that OK to buy?
7 inch TFT LCD 16:9,Resolution800*RGB*480,Digital panel
Sony lens,Sunplus chip,mabuchi motor
Built-in FM Transmitter Function and Dual IR transmitter,Built-in Speakers,Built-in 32 Bits Games Function
Compatible with MP4,DVD,VCD,SVCD,CD,CD-G,MP3,JPED,WMA,CD-R,CD-RW,and DVCD formats,Video/ Audio Input & Output (PAL / NTSC)