Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   E brake wont turn off 2017 outlander sel with 68k (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/e-brake-wont-turn-off-2017-outlander-sel-68k-53273/)

Ray Vannostrand 06-02-2019 02:41 PM

E brake wont turn off 2017 outlander sel with 68k

Is there a recall for this? I never use the Parking brake and when i did it wouldnt turn off and had to be towed. I saw theres a recall for earlier years for same problem. Any ideas or how to fix or what to expect dealer to tell me would be appreciated.

LoudLevin 06-15-2019 10:50 AM

Locate the parking brake actuator underneath the vehicle, try tapping on it while someone turns it on and off. See if you can notice any points where adding lubricant may help free up the potentially siezed actuator. Let us know how it turns out.

Ray Vannostrand 06-19-2019 10:39 PM

Dealer said because of the E-Brake the computer has to be reset when the rear brakes are done. The guys at Courtesy Mitsubishi in Attleboro MA are crooks. They charged me $270 for this basic reset. I will never go back to them or ever buy a car there.

Oracle_Oracle 06-20-2019 11:28 PM

Ray-

The rear pads are down to the wear indicators at 21,000 miles on my 2017 Outlander SEL. The front brakes have more than 50% material remaining and at the last dealership oil change 5k miles ago rear brakes were not mentioned.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced device that would retract the calipers and reset the ECU?

Thanks
-Oracle

Oracle_Oracle 06-22-2019 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Vannostrand (Post 327297)
Dealer said because of the E-Brake the computer has to be reset when the rear brakes are done. The guys at Courtesy Mitsubishi in Attleboro MA are crooks. They charged me $270 for this basic reset. I will never go back to them or ever buy a car there.

Ray, do you have the dreaded electric parking brake? If you do how did you compress the calipers?

Ray Vannostrand 06-25-2019 02:05 PM

Yes, Ebrake

Yes, It was the EBrake and I got porked by Courtesy Mitsubishi for $270 to reset it. Local mechanic did original brake change, but couldn't tamper with electronics.

Oracle_Oracle 06-25-2019 11:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. I’m looking for a reasonable price solution to reset parking brake after rear brake job.

Rebecca Flynn 02-23-2020 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Oracle_Oracle (Post 327355)
Thanks for the reply. I’m looking for a reasonable price solution to reset parking brake after rear brake job.

was wondering if you found a solution- having the same problem!

NNarra 04-18-2022 10:35 AM

Hi All,
I did my rear brake pad replacement on the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander GT AWD and the EBP service light is coming on. how to reset it and any tool to reset it?