Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

40mm lift and 20mm spacers coming!

Old 04-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Default 40mm lift and 20mm spacers coming!

Got a 2016 2.4 with AWD. Found 20mm hubcentric spacers and a 40mm lift to make it trail ready when I go camping this summer. Will post pics once I get to install. My wife keeps calling it a stationwagon and I must say... it sits a tad low for my taste. So I am ready to have it sitting just right

Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 AM

What lift kit are you using? Is it one of the eBay body lift kits? Are you doing camber arms also? Do post pics of the kits themselves before you install please. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by silentnoise713
What lift kit are you using? Is it one of the eBay body lift kits? Are you doing camber arms also? Do post pics of the kits themselves before you install please. Thanks.
Will do! And no camber arms. I work at a Nissan/Mitsu dealership as a tech. Our Mitsu foreman said 40mm shouldn't require camber arms. But only way to find out is to try. I did plenty of reading up on spacers. Found a set on ebay. Looks good from what I read/saw. I'll keep you updated once it shows up. The kit is from user terra4x4. All the guy does is make spacers.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by xIronRhinox
I work at a Nissan/Mitsu dealership as a tech.
You might be my new best friend...

Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by xIronRhinox
Will do! And no camber arms. I work at a Nissan/Mitsu dealership as a tech. Our Mitsu foreman said 40mm shouldn't require camber arms. But only way to find out is to try. I did plenty of reading up on spacers. Found a set on ebay. Looks good from what I read/saw. I'll keep you updated once it shows up. The kit is from user terra4x4. All the guy does is make spacers.
Any updates?

Can I get a preview of the product itself before install, please?

Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Any updates?

Can I get a preview of the product itself before install, please?
Delivered on Saturday! Now to find a time for install... let me know the pictures don't show.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:28 AM

Pic didn’t come up but I see the source of the pic and can displayit from there. One pic, correct?

Would you be able to do the following?
  • Pic of both front and rear spacers overlay on topof a ruler to show height (side view) and with (top view)?
  • Did it come with longer shock mount bolts? If yes, does the top of bolt show grade of steel?

Old 04-24-2017, 12:04 PM

Pic didn’t come up but I see the source of the pic and can displayit from there. One pic, correct?

• Pic of both front and rear spacers overlay on topof a ruler to show height (side view) and with (top view)?
  • Did it come with longer shock mount bolts? If yes, does the top of bolt show grade of steel?
currently at work but I will post pics tonight! Hopefully I can upload the pics better to make them easier to view.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:17 AM

Ok. So There is no grade of steel indicated on top of the bolts. But I took some more detailed pics of the spacers.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the pics! (beer)

Questions:

-Does it feel heavy? Anyidea what it is made from (rusting/durability)? Are you going to pre-coat/treat it?

-Is there slack when the bolt is inside the spacers’ hole? Can you wiggle it around? Since the spacer sites on top of the existingshock’s mount and under the chassis-mount shock town opening, any play is notdesirable (I guess you can use this to affect camber/caster ). Do you have any thoughts on this? Would you consider drill and tap an alignmentbolt to make sure the spacer stays in place? Or filling the crevasse or wrapping the boltsection that pass through the spacer? (Note, just random thoughts)

-Does the bolt seem a bit too long/excessive to you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 40mm lift and 20mm spacers coming!