Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ThePPL
Nesser, you don't need the dealer to program the "unlock all doors" feature for you.
What about "Lock all doors"? I'm only about halfway through the million-page manual!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 PM

Rob_Quads and Vadimus,

I've unsuccessfully tried a bunch of stuff to get running lights on my Outlander sport (USA) with HIDs. If it's a model that does not have HIDs, all you have to do is to set the running lights type as "LOW INTENSITY" and it'll use your low beams as running lights.

However since I have HIDs and FOG lamps, all of the settings I've tried don't work. The "low intensity" setting outputs lower power to your low beams, and since mine are HIDs, they flicker and won't fire up properly.

The only way I could get any kind of lights to come on even when the light switch is off was to set the DRL type as "NORMAL" which turns on my HIDs whenever the car is on. This was not what I really wanted so I turned it off.

I opened up the fog lamp housing and there's only one bulb in it. I've seen in the European ASX forums where people actually had two bulbs in their fog light housing, one for DRL and one for fog lights. In one of the forums, someone found that the fusebox did not have the DRL fuse in its position and they just put the fuse in to make the DRLs come on.

Rob_Quads, you might want to check your fuse box under the hood. The car's user manual has the DRL fuse position (it's the one on the bottom-right corner). My car already had this fuse at the right position.

Vadimus, can you please post where your DRLs are located? Do you have BOTH the fog lamps and DRLs in the same light housing? If possible could you please post a close-up picture?

Last edited by ProcessorHog; 11-15-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ProcessorHog
Vadimus, can you please post where your DRLs are? Are they in your fog lights? Do you have BOTH fog lamps and DRLs in the same light housing?
My DRL lights are in the middle segment of the headlights, between HID and turn light (lit on photo), where lucky Europeans have AFS (which I want to have too):

Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 PM

Thanks Vadimus for the picture. That's the location of my high-beams. Looks like it may be possible to wire the DRLs to the high-beam bulbs.

I'm going to learn some wiring and electrical stuff (I'm an utter novice in these areas) - I want those DRLs! Here in Washington state we're practically at Canadian latitudes with similar low number of daylight hours (not to mention the overcast skies around here) and it amazes me how many new cars don't come with DRLs.

edit: OOH that AFS looks extremely appealing.

Last edited by ProcessorHog; 11-15-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:54 AM

Looks like i have worked out how it works on the Outlander Sport. If you have the Mitsubishi LED DRLs, the control box takes the feed from the normal DRLs and then when the main lights go on it take the feed from the side lights.
I thought the feed from the side lights was to trigger the dimming of the lights but in fact it takes the power from this so its nice and easy.

DRL feed for when no lights are on
SideLight feed dims the DRLs

(I have the DRL setting in ETACS as Independant)

Old 11-16-2011, 12:38 PM

Thanks Rob_Quads for posting what you found. Now I need to get my hands on a pair of those Euro LED DRLs, they look verrry nice :-)

Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the help tonight Vadimus.
I was able to set the door unlock to all doors once I got home and found the page in the manual with ThePPL's help in his uTube video.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:08 PM

I confess I haven't took my Lexia or spare hard drive out of the case in about the last 30 or so days. Has anyone checked for new software updates in this time frame?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by rzracer
I confess I haven't took my Lexia or spare hard drive out of the case in about the last 30 or so days. Has anyone checked for new software updates in this time frame?
DiagBox 6.04 is out.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Default fog light programing

hi im from australia and have a 2011 triton glx single cab ute i want to turn on the fog light function as my ute was not fitted from factoy with them is this possable and what software i need because no one in australia can seem to help me. Lexia 3 is this what i need to get and how do i make it work on a mitsubishi and find that 5 digit code plz help

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization