Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Fog light bezel removal 2011 Outlander GT (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/fog-light-bezel-removal-2011-outlander-gt-47629/)

ceelogreen 01-26-2015 11:15 PM

Fog light bezel removal 2011 Outlander GT

hello
can anyone of you please post the instructions to remove the fog light bezels (have OEM fog light kit factory installed) on the 2011 Outlander GT (USA model)? I am trying to replace the cracked lens but having difficulty in removing the bezel to gain access to the fog light assembly.. also any recommendations to replace the fog light kit?

Greatly appreciate your help.:)

OutlanderGT 01-27-2015 02:32 AM

You remove the screw and turn counter clockwise, something like that.. its actually tell you how in the owners manual

ceelogreen 01-27-2015 12:36 PM

thank you sir for your reply.
I am trying to follow the instructions given in the Owners manual but I feel something is missing in that. As per owners manual turn turn the bezel anti clockwise until its locked and then remove the bezel. But its not turning at all .. I dont want to break it trying to turn the bezel to left to release it.. I might be missing something here.

OutlanderGT 01-27-2015 01:16 PM

Hey, I have never done this myself, is your vehicle under warranty? 5 yr 50,000 miles ?
If you go to the dealer tell them you are trying to replace a broken lens and show them you followed the manual but it won't move, they will probably have a mechanic show you or install it for you right there.. The things are going to be pretty stiff if never removed before, because they don't want these things falling out.

ceelogreen 01-27-2015 03:17 PM

Thanks man appreciate your response..
Mine is not under warranty.. more than 60k Miles...
I will ask the dealership when I go for oil change.. hopefully they give me some pointers..

ckmecha 01-28-2015 10:02 AM

If its never been removed, id bet that there's just accumulated grit and dirt holding it from turning. Its held in only by the friction of the locking tabs. Id try really spraying it down in that area then seeing if you can turn the bezel.

Dont loosen the screw, thats for leveling the light not holding in the bezel.

ceelogreen 01-28-2015 08:32 PM

I will give it a try by cleaning around the bezel area.. I was starting to think in those lines .. thanks man

OutlanderGT 01-29-2015 04:10 PM

The manual just says to turn it counter clockwise and the chrome part will be removed.

Just an example, yesterday I went to change my reverse bulbs, that's just a little plastic socket, one side was easy and the other side was extremely stuck (this is first time). I had to use something to get more torque to turn it.
Maybe you can get a grip wrench or rubber belt or something to increase the grip. Or have a second person also get a grip and turn it together..

2001Mitch3.5XS 01-30-2015 02:57 AM

I accually had to chip the rest of the broken bezel out of the light to replace it. It was stuck that bad.

ceelogreen 12-09-2015 09:11 PM

thank you.. finally I am able to get it removed.. tried in summer :)..it was bit loose.. ordered the light assembly from amazon and it was a perfect fit.. will replace the bulbs with LEDs from superbright