Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Foglamps problem - new owner of 2008 outie XLS

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Default Foglamps problem - new owner of 2008 outie XLS

I have the outie for 5 days and I notocide just now that the foglamps does not work. It does not turn on whether low of high beam. Any suggestions, I will appreciate it. BTW, I have the luxury package with the with option.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Default RE: Foglamps problem - new owner of 2008 outie XLS

Yes Yes! Last 2 months, when I got my Outlander, I couldn't figure it out how it work for about 2 weeks. I started a tread on there asking how to turn it on. If you want, just seach "fog lamps" and I think you should find it.

Now, for me. I will twist the first **** into high beam, and then twist the second ring into the on! your dash should show a fod lamp symbol. Remember, the second ring, just tiwst into on, and is on, the ring will spring back into the orginal postion. Easy stuff!

Hope it works! I was really happy when I got it working after 2 week of playing with it. Well, Good Luck!

SR

(PS - Hope you enjoy your new Outlander =D)

Old 01-10-2008, 08:51 PM

ShortyRider,

Thanks for the reply.
I'm sorry, but What do you mean about the second ring? Where is that?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM

Ahh, I forgot, my Outlander dont have the HID light kit. I dont know if it is different for HID outlanders.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_184257/tm.htmHeres the thread I started about how to turn it on.

http://www.outieclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=139Here is a picture of the stalk
You should turn on the high beam, the right one, and then twist the second ring. If you are looking at the picture, twist the ring with 2 white arrow up and 2 outlined white arrow down. Thats the ring. Remember, after your twist, it will spring back into organial postion, however, your fog lamp is still on.

Hope this helps

SR

Old 01-10-2008, 11:35 PM

I don't have that second ring. Also, the foglamps that I want to turn on are those lights located below the front bumpers.(Projection lamps????). Sorry, IDK what its called.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:22 AM

if you are equipped with HIDs, the your foglights act as daytime running lights
they are always on...until you open your headlight...then they shut off
its a factory setting, and no one in the forum, i think has bypassed it, or at least attempted to

Old 01-11-2008, 12:09 PM

^^ Very true!

OP - Do you have the HID lights? Maybe you want to take on the challenge of finding a way to turn them on with the HID's also on.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: goldenboy

if you are equipped with HIDs, the your foglights act as daytime running lights
they are always on...until you open your headlight...then they shut off
its a factory setting, and no one in the forum, i think has bypassed it, or at least attempted to
yep, with HID's the fogs (DRL's) turn off when the headlamps are turned on. Sucks. Hope someone will be able to figure this one out. I do remember on a friends VW there was a mod to turn off the DRL's with an easy trick...

Old 01-11-2008, 03:16 PM

I want the HID lights =(
My outie doesn't have it....but I get to have head lights and fog lamp together =D

Old 01-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Fun thing is, I can turn on my fog lights with my HIDs on, but if the police stop me I get a fine

SinceI appearantly can turn on HIDs and fog lights, it should be possible to reprogram the software in the car to leave the DRLs on even if the HIDs are lit.

Quick Reply: Foglamps problem - new owner of 2008 outie XLS