Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Garage appear to have 'broken' my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 07:42 AM
Default Garage appear to have 'broken' my car

Hey folks, I dont know if anyone has had a similar experience, but I've taken my Outlander to a local garage for a service and they've called me to say the car has developed a fault whilst there and they cant move it.

Apparently they can start it, but cant clear any of the faults and the dash is lit up like blackpool illuminations, theyve said their diagnostics tool cannot talk to the ECU and its stuck in Park. (2018 Outlander 4H Diesel Auto)

They want me to get it recovered and shipped to Mitsubishi for diagnostics, saying that nothing they've done could have caused a problem and that its pure coincidence that this has happend whilst in their care.

I dont know where I stand legally as I cant prove anything. They had the car last month for an MOT and said it was in perfect working order and it has been since the day I got it. Its been there 4 days so far and I'm trying to be reasonable, but they've called me today and asked me to pay for the service !?!?!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:37 PM

I'd be talking to a lawyer...