Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Harsh suspension - new Outlander XLS 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Default RE: Harsh suspension - new Outlander XLS 4WD

Seems like I am the only happy one with the way it rides. I haven't noticed driving noise or noise from hitting bumps in the road. I thought it was pretty quit. Isnt the material in the wheel wells there to eliminate the road noise?
I went from a 95 eclipse, also drive a 03 chevy malibu and99 ford ranger daily. I would sya the outlander drives way better than all 3 of them. The suspension and road noise arent noticeable compared to a 2007 ford F250 pick up. What other cars are you comparing the ride to everyone?

Old 04-08-2007, 12:19 PM

I traded in a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport with a 2" lift, nitrogen charged suspension, and 30" BFG All-Terrains. This vehicle was harsh to drive daily. I also drive my wife's 2004 Honda Element EX AWD. Her car is also a stiff ride. She just wore out her stock Goodyears, so I switched her to the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas as well. She has noticed that the ride has quieted a little. The Outlander from day one has been a nicer ride than both of these vehicles.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:05 PM

I'm with you antlip, I am very happy with the way the Outlander rides.
It's only slightly firmer than my wife's Sienna, with much better handling, and just as quiet.
With that said I'm still counting down the days until I can replace these tires.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 PM

Coming from an 04 lancer ralliart to an outi just cant compare, the ride is so much quiter and softer, while still keeping the sports ability of the suspension. I would give it some time and getting used to, I used to drive a buick back in my teenage years and that thing felt like a waterbed, but after getting used to a sports suspension there is just no going back, I love to feel the road, just can't beat that feeling, the outi gives me this plus confort.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:55 PM

dude, relax, the same rough suspension you are bitching about is what gives the outie is what inspires confidence 98% of the other driving you will do.
the outie is stiffer...
there is nothing you can do about it yet... except buy ****ty touring tires... you'll hate them, and switch back...

give ita month... it'll grow on you...
also, notice that your new SUV doesnt roll in corners like every other SUV on the market does... that stiff suspension is why...
trust me, it really aint that stiff.
give it some time... its new, and will loosen up some with time.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:45 AM
JMC

I like it 1000 times better than the 1st Gen. Having a real strut bar is totally rad. I do like how the new Outlander feels on the Highway.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:55 AM

It's puts a smile on my face every time I see that strut bar.
ORIGINAL: JMC

I like it 1000 times better than the 1st Gen. Having a real strut bar is totally rad. I do like how the new Outlander feels on the Highway.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: maharajah

It's puts a smile on my face every time I see that strut bar.
ORIGINAL: JMC

It makes me happier that Im not under the hood working on it and seeing the strut bar alot.

Im glad theres other poeple that love the ride too. I drove my eclispe today and realized how much better the brakes were. They both have disc all the way around but damn the outie stops so much quicker.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:43 PM
JMC

It's like the Mitsu guys looked at everything I did to my 1st Gen and added it to the new Outlander.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Well if you would have waited and bought the 07 then you wouldnt have had to do all that work yourself.

Quick Reply: Harsh suspension - new Outlander XLS 4WD