Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Hating my AWD right now

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Hating my AWD right now

how bad can it really be? lol
I'd probably buy it too.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:38 PM

we'd all have bought it if we had the choice....if subaru can put a turbo on all their cars, why can't, or won't, mitsu? why does one outlander-type do that much worse in the crash test (if that's the reason for no airtrek here) than another? because of intercooler damage? how did that happen the with the evo in canada? does any of this make any sense? wait...having been a bureaucrat some years ago for the us gov't and seeing what most self-serving bureaucrats are (in)capable of, our discussed nonsense about the nhtsa tests has suddenly become clearly murkey....for me, i don't trust what the gov't says about autos, or the industry for that matter; but hey, what do i know?

Old 07-24-2006, 11:06 PM

I'll use the old military saying..... It's clear as mud.
Bottom line is just give us the ratings and let us decide on our own....we're all mostly adults who can make decisions on our own

Old 08-04-2006, 09:38 PM

lets just face the truth fellas'....mitsu's are always short on power.....[:@] (but dont let the honda's smoke yeh rear..)

Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 PM

hmmm, maybe i should shift at the red-line....or better yet, since the throttle doesn't like to close anyway when you let off the gas during gear-change, just keep the pedal down and power-shift?...i can't bring myself to do that....

Old 08-04-2006, 09:52 PM

just dont go over the red line....hmmm yeah keep it down and shift, works better that way.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:59 PM

nah, i'm a granny shifter....i rarely go over 4,000 or so, even if i'm trying to get in front of a honda or subaru....i did bump the red-line in my expo from time to time as it got older, for the same aforementioned reasons...with some succcess i might add!!!

Old 08-05-2006, 12:35 AM

the outlander isnt the quickest from a roll on the highway, but it can keep up with almost anything in the twisties...i love making the younger kids in their riced out civics and acuras look dumb in the turns

Old 08-06-2006, 12:39 AM

o6, you're a man after me own 'eart!' it's fun giving them a free driving lesson by leaving them in the 'wake,' isn't it!!!

Old 08-06-2006, 03:02 PM

I would like to say that I have reached fuel cut at about 6200-6500 RPM's. It's not that I have wanted to let it climb that high, but once it starts to pull.....lol, I don't want to shift and have to start over again...it starts to do so well. I have to admit though, stock for stock- not much aside from a true sports car will leave us in the dust. For an unassuming wagon/SUV, it handles damn good in the turns and re-establishes my justification for the AWD purchase.....imagine the difference in the turns if we put some nice springs on our cars.

Quick Reply: Hating my AWD right now