Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Header and Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 01:34 AM
Default Header and Strut Bar

Today I got my header installed with a downpipe and Magnaflow high flow cat with OBD2 complaince
The header and downpipe are ceramic coated from a R/A Lancer purchased from the same place as most of my goodies....Road Race Motorsports
Let me know what you think.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6001/A3210DD7D2124C0F8C30A807DE21719E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6001/96ACD8433EF240C8B0B256A72EFDBC5C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Default RE: Header and Strut Bar

thats just plain funny..but in a cool way..lol...looks nice though....what are your future plans for her? turbo?

Old 07-07-2006, 06:22 PM
drh

Have you been able to tell any difference in the car since the mods?

Old 07-07-2006, 09:30 PM

your engine bay looks real nice!!! i wasn't considering a new exhaust header as the stock manifold has separate pipes of just about equal length, but a bit narrower than your new one; have you noticed a real performance improvement? has the strut bar also made a noticeable difference?

Old 07-08-2006, 12:13 AM

Actually, the strut bar does make the car feel better in turns, I wasn't honestly expecting it to do anything other than look nice
The header helps the car climb through the RPM's faster and I don't need to be as heavy on the gas pedal to accelerate, I haven't really gotten on it yet as I went to court today for a speeding ticket, so I'm being cautious. I feel that they are both worth the money though so far.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

thats just plain funny..but in a cool way..lol...looks nice though....what are your future plans for her? turbo?
My future plans are limited only by my future finances. I would like to add a turbo, but the cost factor is a huge deterrent. What is funny anyway? Is it because I'm working with what I have and is practical? An EVO with a family is like a bicycle with a 100 mile commute to work...not practical. I think seeing a car seat in the back of an EVO would be a hell of a lot funnier

Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 AM

I just send you a pm. What did you use to cover the bolt anchors where the roof rack bolts to the roof??? We have a silver 04 AWD and we love ours. I put on some nice ARE wheels and also removed most of the badging. Put on narrow black pinstripe on the side.
Paul

Old 07-09-2006, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: expositor

your engine bay looks real nice!!! i wasn't considering a new exhaust header as the stock manifold has separate pipes of just about equal length, but a bit narrower than your new one; have you noticed a real performance improvement? has the strut bar also made a noticeable difference?
The stock manifold merges all the exhaust gases together really quickly, the pipes are only like a 10" drop from the exhaust ports before they all merge. When they are thrown together so quickly, it slows down the rest of the exhaust gases trying to escape and obviously restricting the escaping gases. The header keeps them seperate until it is underneath the engine at which time they join into the downpipe and then are sent through a high flow cat. This is really beneficial when you are in the mid to high RPM's and the gases are really being expelled into the exhaust quickly, but I also noticed benefits at the lower RPM's as well with less pressure on the gas pedal needed. If you have an aftermarket air intake you will benefit more with an aftermarket exhaust since you are drawing more air into the engine, you have more to get rid of. All your mod's are helping each other out.
BTW, thanks for the compliment

Old 07-09-2006, 03:18 PM

That is awesome definitely something i would look into. I am think about ordering the short ram intake from road race really soon . But those headers look awesome and are tempting to....

Old 07-09-2006, 03:23 PM

A side note on the header...make sure you plan on having a shop do the install, it will be a custom job as the downpipe is designed for the R/A Lancer, the length is a little short, so they will need to add a section of pipe, but only about a foot long. I paid $140 to have everything installed and welded. Road Race did my install tio ensure that it would fit properly, but I got the same quote from an exhaust shop which is how they determined the fee. I went to two other shops for install quotes and got $217 and $250-300, so shop around!
The strut bar was absolutely worth the money too!!

Quick Reply: Header and Strut Bar