Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Header and Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Default RE: Header and Strut Bar

lol...got that part down, but the AWD eats the torque/hp off the line...and the rest of the RPM's too I should confess. Let me know how the MSD goes when you install it.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:01 PM

right on, am' still searchin for somebody that knows how to install power ignition, found one but he sez the last one he installed to a mitsu. eclipse, experienced some problems. dont know what kind'a problem, but i, e-mailed m.s.d. in search of power ignitions. so far d.i.s. 2 is in the list for vehicle w/ 2 coil packs.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:53 PM

I don't think I want to experience any problems with my ignition system, especially if I'm paying a few hundred dollars for it...I'll let you try it first

Old 07-18-2006, 08:23 PM

lolz....i'll post the result soon, stand by.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:49 AM

dirt, i remember in another post if i recall yuo said you had a magnaflow muffler...how was the install bolt on or weld...and how does it sound...loud?

Also the headers and high flow cat if you said you had them what kinda difference do they make...?

Ive been watching videos of me in my evo and i miss it so much , haha....i now want to do some mods to my outtie and make it sound better and get alil more performance out of it....
Not thinking turbo quite yet...maybe in a year or more..if i do

Old 08-14-2006, 06:48 PM

Anytime I do exhaust mods, i weld if possible. I remember the days of squeezing under my Camaro to tighten the bolts on the mufflers and that's enough to fork out $40 for me. The Magnaflow sounds pretty good, it's not annoting loud. It has enough bass to set off car alarms if I am within a few feet of the cars. I would like to go a little deeper in tone, but do not want to remove the resonator for fear of having an obnoxiously loud car. With the stock header it was a little quieter than it is now, I'd say there was a 10- 15% noise increase with the header. The header and high flow cat made a difference I think in the mid to high rpm's and made it rev a little bit easier all the way through, as did the UD pulley. Overall, it's not going to throw you back into your seat because of the AWD system leeching power. But, I am happy with the mods and it definately looks better.
Obviously, it will never be close to your EVO, but you can still have fun with it. I am not quite ready to make the turbo plunge either. I have thought about taking the kit that RRM sells for the R/A Lancer and pricing it out seperately to see the price difference. I have also ponderd the idea of a s/c due to the poor launch of an auto trans AWD. The s/c offers pretty close to the same power as the RRM kits, so there are a couple of options.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:44 PM

thanks for breaking it down for me...i think i will eventually get a magnaflow muffler then since you say it isnt to loud.....what exact one did you get ?

Old 08-15-2006, 12:54 AM

hmmm, that's a good question. I don't remember, it's just the basic muffler, no chrome, nothing fancy. If I see anything to help distinguish it I'll let you know tomorrow.