Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Hi Res Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Default Hi Res Pictures

Hey y'all..

I'm interested in seeing some hi-res pictures of the internals of the MMCS.
Photos of both sides of the pcbs, and connectors would be useful.
Anyone out there adept at removing their MMCS unit feel like helping out?
atb.
O.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:12 AM
Default RE: Hi Res Pictures

*bump*
Seriously, guys - this would help..
I've just been given a copy of the Japanese version of the software.
There are a number of drivers in it I haven't seen before - I'd like to actually see a picture of the boards in question.
It may be the case that the hw is identical, and the facilities are disabled in sw.
Or that expansion modules are a possibility.
atb.
O.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:18 AM

can you get the software to program the etacs?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the effort to pull this through Otaku. I have had a peek in the MMCS, and it's a bit too complicated for me to take apart. There's a lot of springs and hardware that needs to be disassembled first before you get to the board, which is inconveniently sandwich in the middle. Being a little educated in electronics myself, I am not confident I can pull this through without ending with a dead unit,or an inoperable one. I myself is very much happy to see this done, and I wish I had more experience disassembling stuff. I am still used to the 80's electronics (big capacitors and "hotdog" shaped resistors-enjoying decoding the color coding), but now everything is SMD. I was actually thinking more of getting our hands on the actual circuit diagram. I have a feeling the UM and EM units are not much different. I saw that some daughter boards (or maybe you call them risers) have both UM and EM labeled on them.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:26 AM

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

can you get the software to program the etacs?
Get? No - I have no access to proprietary information.
Write ? Possibly, if you explain what it does.
atb.
O.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 AM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

Thanks for the effort to pull this through Otaku. I have had a peek in the MMCS, and it's a bit too complicated for me to take apart. There's a lot of springs and hardware that needs to be disassembled first before you get to the board, which is inconveniently sandwich in the middle. Being a little educated in electronics myself, I am not confident I can pull this through without ending with a dead unit,or an inoperable one. I myself is very much happy to see this done, and I wish I had more experience disassembling stuff. I am still used to the 80's electronics (big capacitors and "hotdog" shaped resistors-enjoying decoding the color coding), but now everything is SMD. I was actually thinking more of getting our hands on the actual circuit diagram. I have a feeling the UM and EM units are not much different. I saw that some daughter boards (or maybe you call them risers) have both UM and EM labeled on them.
Hrmm - If you think you can get the schematics, go for it.. I wouldn't have thought they would be available anywhere though.
Yeah : daughterboards make sense .. Thats one of the reasons I was looking for the pictures ..
More than likely the add-on modules are using (partially) standard busses - SPI/I2C/UART..
Which means they can be used for _other_ purposes if drivers are written for them..
Built-in lojack.. Full GSM modem... all sorts of things.

Looks like I'm going to have to acquire one of the units though, as no-one appears to be able to supply the images...
*sigh*

stb.
O.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Old 01-23-2009, 03:18 PM

@Yegor: Thank you for the pictures.