Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:33 PM

I got so confused lately, so i'll just ask directly.. My 07 outlander uses non-HID bulbs.. they're halogen bulbs right? the ones that comes from factory.. I'm planing to install HID on the low beams (9006) but there's a diference between H2S and H2R bulbs so, which one is the correct for me? H2S or H2R?
Thanks!

Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 AM

Anyone ever try buying a used set of OEM HIDs to be able to have the correct reflector/beam pattern?

If not, what about purchasing a spare set to hack up for a retro projector setup?

Old 06-28-2012, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by jegc
I got so confused lately, so i'll just ask directly.. My 07 outlander uses non-HID bulbs.. they're halogen bulbs right? the ones that comes from factory.. I'm planing to install HID on the low beams (9006) but there's a diference between H2S and H2R bulbs so, which one is the correct for me? H2S or H2R?
Thanks!
Use D2R if you're going to do it

Old 06-29-2012, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by dmagic17
Anyone ever try buying a used set of OEM HIDs to be able to have the correct reflector/beam pattern?

If not, what about purchasing a spare set to hack up for a retro projector setup?

Im not sure if im understanding right. When you say OEM HIDs, most of us would think of just the HID bulb itself. Or do you mean the entire OEM housing, w/ projectors, and HIDs? Such as are on the XLS models?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by MM3Canuck
Im not sure if im understanding right. When you say OEM HIDs, most of us would think of just the HID bulb itself. Or do you mean the entire OEM housing, w/ projectors, and HIDs? Such as are on the XLS models?
Sorry - I'm referring to 07-09 with just the reflector HID housing. Would it be worth it to pick up some used XLS headlights to have the proper reflector/beam?

Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by dmagic17
Sorry - I'm referring to 07-09 with just the reflector HID housing. Would it be worth it to pick up some used XLS headlights to have the proper reflector/beam?
I think you mean reflector NON HID. No company I know of uses reflector lenses and HID.

Everyone I have seen is HID inside a Projector LENS.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Outlander came with reflector HIDs prior to the front redesign.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:30 PM

Okay so i bought an HID kit from Mod-express.com and a drl bypass from ebay (jrox) and so far im overall happy but sometimes i would turn my hids on and the bulbs would ignite, then in less than a sec would turn off. I would have to turn off the hids and then turn them back on a couple times, so that both the left and right bulbs ignite.

I dont have a capacitor, would this help? The bypass unit basically negates the 9 volt from the drl and only when i send the full 12 volts the hids turn on, so basically whenever i want, my HIDS would turn on and I dont have to ride all the time with the HIDs on...

any and all help will be great, thanks!

P.S. this isnt a "major issue" but non the less, id like have it fully functional.. thanks!

Old 07-17-2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyMPR
I finished the same installation for HID's, but for Low / High beams with two pairs of 6000K. The only differences is that I did not installed the relay harness. Instead, I installed a Warning Canceller set at the low beams to cancel the DRL Flickering effect.

You set the cancellers at the female connectors of the ballasts and the male connectors at the OEM wiring connectors. At the ballasts the Wiring connectors needs to be positive + positive, and at the factory 9006 connector inverted (half twist). Be careful, if correctly installed (warning cancellers) they will be unusable.

Then, the lights works fine as DRL's.
hey does this cancel out the DRLs? basically turning it off so your HIDs are off all the time and when you turn ur low beams on, the HIDs turn on?

where did you get these cancellers?

Old 07-18-2012, 02:54 PM

anyone? . . .

Quick Reply: HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)