Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   How do I remove TPMs Warning.... (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/how-do-i-remove-tpms-warning-35633/)

ryandlor 04-17-2010 06:03 PM

How do I remove TPMs Warning....

just added osme wheels without the TPMS, now my car always says service required because the TPMS isnt owrking.

Can I delete or modify that annoying beep to go away?

tcp 04-17-2010 10:41 PM

nope

It's a legal requirement on vehicles in the USA since 2007. Not required in Canada but we get the same vehicles. Can't be turned off so you get to live with it or install sensors in the wheels and get the system to recognize them (pay the dealer).

Originally Posted by ryandlor (Post 258329)
just added osme wheels without the TPMS, now my car always says service required because the TPMS isnt owrking.

Can I delete or modify that annoying beep to go away?

ryandlor 04-20-2010 01:13 PM

There has to be a way to disable it, fuse or somthing?

tcp 04-20-2010 03:53 PM

Too much integration

You may find a fuse for the receiver (probably kill a whole bunch of other circuits on the same fuse), but the computer still looks for the information from the receiver on the CAN bus. If the data doesn't arrive, you'll get the error. If you find some magical way to do it, PLEASE report back as many of us have been trying since 2007.

Originally Posted by ryandlor (Post 258419)
There has to be a way to disable it, fuse or somthing?

ivanz 04-20-2010 03:58 PM

You can put all the sensors in a pressurized can...that's the standard trick for most cars with annoying TPMS messages.

mda185 05-19-2010 04:01 PM

Looks like ivanz's idea is the only way to go. I talked to my local dealer and looked in the factory service manual. It appears that the TPMS function is handled by a wireless computer that also handles the Bluetooth and other functions in the car that involve radio frequency communication. We can't disable TPMS without disabling other functions.

I did find a company called Bartec that makes a TPMS troubleshooting and reset tool for the auto repair industry. Their product is a Tech400 TPMS Tool and it costs $2699 list price. Too expensive for the average owner but there is one possible help for us. Go www.whytpms.com. Click on the link on the left side labeled "TPMS Dealer Search". This will bring up a page with a map on it. Enter your zip code and it will show you the location of independent shops near you that have purchased this tool and can reset the warning for what is hopefully a lower price than the dealer.

Rrdstarr 05-21-2010 05:44 AM

It is a safety issue, DON'T DISABLE IT! You spent $30,000 on your car and you won't spend $240 for the Mitsubishi sensors?
(Shakes head and walks off):mad:

Where are your sensors from your factory wheels? Reuse those!

ryandlor 05-21-2010 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rrdstarr (Post 259448)
It is a safety issue, DON'T DISABLE IT! You spent $30,000 on your car and you won't spend $240 for the Mitsubishi sensors?

There are in my original wheels sitting in my garage with Winter tires wrapped around them.

I shouldnt have to do so much work for a stupid tire pressue warning. I check my tire with a digital gauge all the time and know before the TPMS when my tires need air.

I always thought those things were useless....

Lets be honest, TPMS is for idiots who need also to be told by the car when to shift or when to change the oil....

tcp 05-21-2010 07:53 AM

it's a bullsh!t issue

I don't need a nanny built into my wheels to tell me I have a flat. Been driving for 25 years without it. that's for clueless bimbos who need to drive a giant SUV while talking on their cellphones. Gubment has to protect them from themselves. You must be one of those.

Originally Posted by Rrdstarr (Post 259448)

joeba 05-21-2010 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by mda185 (Post 259387)
Looks like ivanz's idea is the only way to go. I talked to my local dealer and looked in the factory service manual. It appears that the TPMS function is handled by a wireless computer that also handles the Bluetooth and other functions in the car that involve radio frequency communication. We can't disable TPMS without disabling other functions.

I did find a company called Bartec that makes a TPMS troubleshooting and reset tool for the auto repair industry. Their product is a Tech400 TPMS Tool and it costs $2699 list price. Too expensive for the average owner but there is one possible help for us. Go www.whytpms.com. Click on the link on the left side labeled "TPMS Dealer Search". This will bring up a page with a map on it. Enter your zip code and it will show you the location of independent shops near you that have purchased this tool and can reset the warning for what is hopefully a lower price than the dealer.

The Bartec tool cannot be used to program the Mitsui because, Mitsui is not open about how to do this via the OBD port and Bartec could not get their hands on a Outlander to reverse engineer this. This info came from Bartec support.