Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013 | 07:49 AM
Default Access HDD

Hi guys,
I am not too technically minded but took the HDD out of my Outlander the other day and thought I would have no trouble reading it as its the same as the drive in my Maxtor backup unit. WRONG!
Despite all the connections working the drive only showed up on my desktop as not initialised and hence I could not read / access it without formatting it.
Needless to say I could not do that as I would have lost all the preprogrammed software....
Does anyone know a simple way around this?

Old 01-10-2013 | 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Grocer
Hi guys,
I am not too technically minded but took the HDD out of my Outlander the other day and thought I would have no trouble reading it as its the same as the drive in my Maxtor backup unit. WRONG!
Despite all the connections working the drive only showed up on my desktop as not initialised and hence I could not read / access it without formatting it.
Needless to say I could not do that as I would have lost all the preprogrammed software....
Does anyone know a simple way around this?
Otaku on this site is ur guy, he can help with anything you need.. His site is takingthingsapart.org I think, has all data on ther you'll need and he loves donations towards funding the site for our benefit...
Great guy

Old 01-10-2013 | 03:11 AM

you have to unlock HDD.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...ck-mmcs-25583/
hope this helps

Old 01-11-2013 | 11:40 PM

I preformed the upgrade but the unit keeps restarting itself every 45 seconds. I pulled the fuse out instead of pulling the battery and the unit lost power. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem. Has anyone else run into this or did I mess up my drive. I took an acronis image just in case but I'm not sure if restoring will work.

Old 01-16-2013 | 07:57 AM

Hi all,

I am French and I have a problem with the command Unlockhd.I booted with a linux live cd and choose the order 3 boot linux with locking / unlocking, I waited for the message "@ Xbox-HDM :/ 1" and then I have a problem is that my keyboard n 'is recognized! it does not respond!

For information, as I have not yet received the ide adapter 2,5 / 3,5 is my current sata drive is connected and not the Mmes I have not yet removed

an idea?
thank you,

Old 01-18-2013 | 02:31 AM

Need help please.

I try my Dd unlocker MMCS, I boot linux on my cd, I choose option 3 (unlocked) and when I get the message "root @ Xbox-HDM: 1" my keyboard does not respond, I can not enter anything, it is no longer recognized!

thank you, (remember I'm French)

Old 01-19-2013 | 07:34 AM

Hi guys ,Is there anybody who can upload a back up of the software ?
There are several people including me which have burned disks .This will help a lot .
thanks

Old 01-21-2013 | 08:37 AM

Hi all,

When I type the command unlockhd-p I have an error message "no drive found on primary master", my dd's MMCS is connected to my cable IDE master.

thank you for your help (I'm French)

Old 03-05-2013 | 08:03 AM
Default Sat Nav updated "easy"

Well having thought long and hard I decided the removal and unlocking of the HDD was beyond my capability!
So I ordered a new HDD from the link below....
For 75 euro's I got 40GB HDD, updated maps and full MMCS software, inc updated Gracenote software.
Simple removal & replacement of HDD and all works 100%
I recommend!
I have no commercial interests in this link:-

advert at:-
DVD Europa 2012 2013 para navegador Mitsubis... | Coches Y Motos | Madrid

direct E Mail mitsubinavi@gmail.com

Old 03-07-2013 | 02:54 AM

Seems to good to be true. Does it not matter what virsion the software is.

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS