Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Incorrect date- How to correct? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/incorrect-date-how-correct-57052/)

pamitsu 10-27-2023 03:37 PM

Incorrect date- How to correct?

I changed the oil on my wife’s 2010 Outlander GT and tried to update the maintenance reminder, but got a warning to “Please check the date on the clock. If they are incorrect, please move the vehicle to obtain GPS information”. The date shown is March 12, 2004, but the clock is correct, and the navigation map shows the correct location of the car so I assume that it has the proper GPS coordinates. I was thinking of disconnecting the battery to reset the system, but I don’t know if that will cause some other problems. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

pamitsu 10-31-2023 01:49 PM

I looked at the owners manual over the weekend, and it looks like the only potential problem with disconnecting the battery is a rough shifting for a short time since the shifting is electronically controlled. So I disconnected the battery, waited about ten minutes, then reconnected it, but the date didn't return to the current date. The time is still correct though. One strange thing that I noticed, is that when the system first boots up, the screen first shows January 1, 2005 for a second or two, then it immediately goes to March 16, 2004. This date is 4 days after my initial problem when the date showed March 12, 2004, so the calendar is adding the days correctly from the March 12th date that it changed to last week. The problem is that for some reason the calendar changed from October 27, 2023 to March 12, 2004 last week and won't change back. I guess I'll have to live with it. :confused:

kxristoval 11-07-2023 08:13 PM

Mitsubishi date is wrong

I Have a 2007 Galant Fortis and have had the same problem since October 2023 when my service was due.
I even ordered a new GPS antenna and that did not work, the time is ok but the date is 2004 March.
my car has 104,730km on the clock. there must be a problem with these radios this year in October 2023.
I have searched the entire internet to fix this problem I even ordered a used navigation radio from eBay.
That is not here as yet. I can't access my service dates, it keeps saying to move the car for GPS.
Amy help from Mitsubishi Japan They must know something.

alexp 11-09-2023 10:48 PM

Date reset

Happened for my Outlander 09 as well in October. As far as I understood satellites do not broadcast exact date, but a 10bit week number (0 - 1023) and number of seconds in a week (0 - 604800). It means this counter would be reset every 19.6 years. From March 2004 you'll get October 2023 of the next reset. It seems initial data (March 12, 2004) is hardcoded in Mitsubishi hard drive (as part of MMCS) or in GPS module and broadcasted week number and seconds in a week is used as an offset from the initial date. So if it is hardcoded, it means firmware update is necessary. These hard drives require unlocking and most probably old computer with IDE port to make the change (not to mention firmware itself). If it is hardcoded in GPS module, then probably the module should be replaced or reprogrammed somehow. So overall, it does not seem to be worth it. I don't think even dealerships have necessary firmware to do it for old vehicles. Maybe someone else found better option for this.

OutlanderGT 11-09-2023 11:11 PM

My date is working fine in November, I have the MMCS nav.
However I do not disconnect the battery. If you never disconnected the battery then it should roll over and the date should be correct.. Not sure what happens after disconnecting after roll over.

Not sure why it is asking you to move the car. It's like the software knows it is wrong.
It seems the solution would be to have a firmware that sync the week number to a date in 2023, and then we should be good for another 19 years. (ha, Mitsubishi didn't think these cars would last 19 years)

Todd B 11-10-2023 08:10 PM

Same issue with 08 Outlander

Have the same wrong date issue since the the end of October. Also noticed the time starts off wrong and after a minute changes to the correct time.

pamitsu 11-11-2023 05:18 PM

It would be so much simpler if the system would allow the owner to just enter the correct date. Since I lost the maintenance records on the car itself, I'm glad that I keep a record of all of the maintenance on all of my cars an excel spreadsheet.

OutlanderGT 11-12-2023 01:13 PM

I guess it is a good idea to take a picture of the maintenance record on the system

stanza75 11-14-2023 08:17 AM

Same issue here!

It seems like this must be an issue with lots of older Mitsubishi cars. I got 2008 Outlander and I'm having this same issue since this October 2023.

paul.marc 12-09-2023 02:45 AM

OMG!! so it seems this is a Worldwide thing!! This also happened to me and I changed My battery thinking it is the cause. But still can't find a solution!! This happened to me also in October 2023 and now I am thinking of replacing my whole system to Android unless someone found a solution!! I have a Mitsubishi Outlander 2009 full tech.