Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   info button on 2007 vs 2009 Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/info-button-2007-vs-2009-outlander-33025/)

halfasleep 06-29-2009 06:12 AM

info button on 2007 vs 2009 Outlander

Does anybody knows if the info button on the 2007 Outlander gives the ACTUAL gas consumption ? I know that the 2009 does and I'm not sure about the 2008 outlander either.

thanx

azjake 06-29-2009 11:37 AM

Here's what I have on my 08 ES. First there is a vertical bar that functions as your fuel gauge showing how much fuel you have left in your tank. Also the number of miles you have left on that tank based upon your current mpg is shown.

There is also a display that shows your mpg since the last time it was reset. You can reset it manually by holding down the info button, or if the vehicle is turned off for 4 hours it resets automatically. If I'm going on a long trip I reset it when I start out, then check it when I arrive at my destination.

Finally there is a horizontal bar below the mpg that shows your mpg at that exact moment. For example if you press hard on the accelerator the bar shows your mpg going way down, and if you take your foot off the pedal at highway speeds the bar shows your mpg going way up.

halfasleep 06-29-2009 08:39 PM

Thanx for that reply. How do you like the power of the ES. Right now I'm looking into buying a 2008 ES or LS, the LS is 1000$ more. The thing is that I drive a lot in the city and the ES is better on gas but I'm just not sure about the power and the CVT transmission ?

outpack 06-30-2009 03:29 AM

I find my 09 LS not bad on gas. According to the display, I'm getting 10.6 -11.6L/100km (24-26mpg) around town, and on the highway its about 8.0-9.0L/100km (32-35mpg). Sure if put my foot down those numbers increase quite a bit, but I find I can control my self.... most of the time:)
If you ever want to tow anything, the V6 is the way to go. 1500lbs for the 2.4 vs. 3500lbs for the 3.0

azjake 06-30-2009 10:01 AM

The 2.4L engine on my ES has plenty of power. I've taken it on several long trips where I have a 6% uphill grade for several miles and was able to hold it at 65 mph at about 3,000 rpm, and there's enough power to pass cars at highway speeds if the need arises.

My highway mpg on these trips (avg speed around 70 mph) is a little over 27 mpg. If I drive at a steady 60 mph on a flat highway the info display shows me getting a little over 30 mpg. City mpg is about 21. Keep in mind this is US mpg which is lower than European mpg.

The CVT takes a little while to get used to (no shift shock) but I like it now. If I'm driving down a steep hill I pop it into sport mode and I can then downshift to control my speed without riding the brakes.

One other thing. I don't do any towing with my ES. Outpack is right. If you were going to be towing on a regular basis you probably should get the 6 cylinder engine.

halfasleep 06-30-2009 11:52 PM

Thanx azjake, I'm not planning on towing anything and I live in Winnipeg Canada so it's all very flat here. One thnig I'm wondering tho, should I wait to buy a 2010 Outlander when they come out this fall or should I buy a 2009 right now ? Is the 2010 gonna be much different than the 2009 ? I've seen some pictures of the 2010 but I'm not sure if it's the europeen model or not.

azjake 07-01-2009 11:24 AM

If you search the web for "2010 mitsubishi outlander GT prototype" you will see that mitsubishi has made some significant changes to the outlander (inside and out) including an updated interior. According to articles I've read this vehicle will go into production for 2010 and I'm assuming that includes North America.

Based on what I saw with this vehicle I suspect its base price will be higher than the 2009 models. The thing I'm not sure about is the GT model going to be in addition to the regular 2010 outlander model, or is it going to totally replace the outlander line. I would ask around at mitsu dealers in your area to see if they know the answer.

halfasleep 07-01-2009 06:45 PM

Ya, I did some research and I'm gonna go with a 2009 cuz you're right, the base price will probably go up on the 2010.

akemi27 07-02-2009 12:11 AM

y did they make it look like the lancer/evo? yuck

halfasleep 07-02-2009 12:44 AM

I'm not crazy about that front end either. I'm gonna get the 2009 but I have to sell my 1996 Pathfinder first. I never bought a new car before so I'm a little worried that I'm gonna get screwed by the sales person on the price. I was just reading a bit on carcostcanada.com (I'm from Canada) about what kind of deals I could get and they make it sound very easy to get a price 2500$ below what's in the window. The problem is that I'm a bad negotiator :). Should I do the whole walking away from the salesman if I don't get the deal that I want ?