Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Installing steering wheel volume controls 2010 outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/installing-steering-wheel-volume-controls-2010-outlander-50890/)

slademiller 05-21-2017 12:56 AM

Installing steering wheel volume controls 2010 outlander

I'm considering buying a 2010 Outlander LS but I want to know if I can install steering wheel music control and maybe bluetooth into it.

The vehicle only has the cruise control buttons and the other side of the wheel just has a plain insert.

From what I have heard, Mitsubishi uses just the one wiring loom so would this mean that under the insert there would be the harness that I need if I purchase the buttons? If this isn't the case then would I be able to purchase that loom/build one that would be compatible?

Cheers.

johnmcclane514 05-24-2017 10:59 PM

I try to remove the steering wheel music control/cruisecontrol for painting... the cable was soo short behind the control I give up... U need to remove the airbag... if there a better way... lets me know :)

silentnoise713 06-12-2017 02:23 PM

I’m still new to Mitsubishi but I would expect their steering wheel controls operate the same as everyone else, which is resistance base triggers using share wire. This means multi buttons send different resistance to the trigger different commend using the same wire. These resistance base triggers send singes to the car’s BCM, which interprets it to native Mitsubishi CanBus commands to respective device (cruise, radio, etc.).

You need to research and understand what is a “clockspring” and find the Outlander's pin out to see how many connections are avail to you in your 2010. It sounds like your trim did not come with steering wheel options avail in other trims, which indicate there should some open connections. You would need to intercept the wire coming in behind the steering column, after the clockspring.

ScorpioRNSWL 07-23-2018 09:39 PM

I retrofitted the OEM bluetooth phone set-up into a 2011 ZH / LS trim that had the cruise control buttons (right side) and radio control buttons (left side).
I sourced the Bluetooth module, the microphone and the Bluetooth control steering wheel buttons from wreckers.
My ZH was pre-wired for the microphone (behind the front courtesy / map lights) - just had to "untape" the plug from the harness and installed the microphone.
I removed the USB-only module from behind and below the radio / CD head unit and installed the Mitsubishi (Johnson Controls) Bluetooth phone module.
USB played correctly, so the Bluetooth phone module does both Bluetooth and USB.
I tried to install the Bluetooth steering wheel buttons but no joy - the extra looming for the Bluetooth controls did not exist in the standard steering wheel.
I then sourced a steering wheel with the Bluetooth buttons already on and put it in - the clock spring must be "pre-wired" for Bluetooth as I did not have to do anything else wiring-wise.
Paired phone (follow the owner's manual instructions), imported contact list, made phone call stationary and on the move.
I can only conclude the looming seems be pre-wired - at least on my MY2011 ZH it was.