Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

irregular front brake wear

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Default RE: irregular front brake wear

ORIGINAL: Punisher

ORIGINAL: wicked_outlander

it is the ABS system, i own a 03' outtie...since then, i replaced the pads 3 times. no doubt about it, somethings wrong w/ the ABS. and am' getting tired of it.
yes I just had a 'neighbor' (6 blocks down) come and ask me about this. I guess he figured I knew what was going on when I changed my brakes and threw the worn pad and curse at the caliper LOL
lolz....dang!!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 02:42 PM
JMC

Yup....I can't believe how well these pads are doing. Maybe it's because I got different rotors?

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

pads wearing evenly on both sides still?

Old 02-10-2006, 05:15 PM

Going to pick up my car from the dealer now. They had to replace the caliper, one of the pistons wasn't releasing. The lousy bastards wanted me to keep driving 100 miles per day on it like that. Who cares if my rotors get F'd up. Who cares if my brakes aren't as functional because they are getting too hot. Who cares that it stinks like a semi under full load riding his brakes down a hill. Damn, Mitsu service is SECOND TO ALL. I had to argue for 20 minutes to get a pos loaner. Okay, I'm done now.[>:]

Old 02-13-2006, 07:36 PM
JMC

THAT JUST SUCKS! See if you can go to a different dealer. The first Mitsu dealer I went to was so bad...I went to another and I get treated like a king. Plus they love all the Mods I've done!!!!

Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 PM

uhh well, we have to admit....outtie's brakes system sucks!!

Old 02-14-2006, 01:05 PM
JMC

They do 100000% Every Mitsu I had...without fail! I've seen a lot of talk about this issue on the net.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:17 PM

When they replaced the caliper they never turned the rotor, now my car squeals like a horny pig. There are only two dealers locally, which is probably more than most can say. The first one is the one I bought my car from. I don't much like them because when I bought the car, they promised me it had a 100k mile powertrain warranty, on delivery I was told to come back the next day and pick up the certification. The next day, they said oops, we were wrong, it's not eligable for the 100k warranty and it's not certified. To make a long story short, their Better Business Bureau rating stands at "F". I had to argue through the owner and every manager there, and finally threaten suit. Now I have my certified 100K mile warranty. I do go back, but preferred the other dealership until this last incident. Wouldn't you know that they still say "you may be receiving a survey from JD Power and we'd appreciate a score of 100%" [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 02-15-2006, 04:49 PM
JMC

You should wipe yr butt with the survey and mail it back! That might give them an idea of how you feel!

Old 02-16-2006, 03:41 PM

I don't want to put that much effort into it

Old 02-17-2006, 02:29 PM
JMC

Hahahahaha...well put my friend...well put!

Quick Reply: irregular front brake wear