Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Its the little things.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Default Its the little things.....

I have just purchased a 2007 Outlander XLS fully loaded. I opted for the Black on Black colors. I really liked the contract stitching on the black leather seats. I paid $27,200. I have had it for about a week now. Overall all, I am very happy with the vehicle. I previously owned a 2003 Outlander. The only thing I noticed the new model was lacking was the heated side view mirrors. The traction control and anti lock braking system work quite well. Here in Chicago we have had quite a few snow storms this year and the car has handled wonderfully. I get better gas mileage with the V6 than I did with the 4 cylinder of the previous year. I do however have a few gripes so I figured I would post them because the little things count too.

Fog lights are really not fog lights but basically day time running lights because you cannot turn them on at the same time as the head lights.
The cd player function on the audio system has no Pause, fast forward or rewind buttons.
The sirrus tuner does not display the song title and artist.
The media storage in the head unit will only record from cd format not MP3s
Organization of the stored music sucks
Keyless ignition and entry system unlocks the doors as you approach but does not lock them as you walk away. [/ol]

For example, I am listening to a book on cd. I get a phone call, Bluetooth kicks in and picks it up. The cd is muted but not paused. So when I hang up and the cd comes back I have missed a section of the story and am unable to rewind with out restarting the whole track. You can hold down the track skip on the touch screen but its doesn’t work for ****. It skips like 3 sec and then plays 2 sec then skips 3 more and plays 2….. then when you release it usually ends up restarting the whole track from the beginning anyway.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Sal
Default RE: Its the little things.....

What you want is probably a living room on wheels

Old 02-15-2007, 07:39 PM

If you hold down the back button (V) on the steering wheel, it will rewind the track. I'm pretty sure, anyway.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Sal

What you want is probably a living room on wheels
Uh... yeah... because a CD player with PAUSE functionality is a crazy, luxurious extravagance!

I agree with the poster. For all the great stuff about the car, I'd say there are a number of places where the engineers/designers were either lazy or just sloppy. The PAUSE functionality, for example, or lights with the vanity mirror. This vehicle has so many "high end" features, but misses on a number of things that would be standard on a stock model Honda or Toyota.

As an aside... are there maybe different models of the audio system? Because mine (nav/cd/mp3/etc) definitely displays artist and song information on Sirius.

Charlie

Old 02-16-2007, 12:51 PM

there maybe different models of the audio system? Because mine (nav/cd/mp3/etc) definitely displays artist and song information on Sirius.
There maybe another view and I just havent figured out how to change it yet. I have never seen an XM or Sirus tuner that did not display the title and artist.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Sal

I agree in principle. Example a heated side view mirror.

But what did you expect? A company in financial trouble needing a speedy entry of its new product into the market will cut some corners. You know what you are getting into before you buy something and you compromise on it depending on the price.

Supplier issues aside, I'd say that a comparative RAV4 with third row limited edition will cost you a lot and wont carry some of these goodies you get on xls. That is good enough for me.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Sal

Today I happened to fast forward or rewind songs on cd player (xls rockford). No problem there... Hit number 3 button which has two left arrows to rewind and 4 to forward (to right arrows )

Just thought I would let the original poster know if he is still hanging around that is..

Old 02-21-2007, 10:56 PM

ummm, yeah, there are rewind/fastfoward buttons both on the dash and on the steering wheel...
The dash uses the >> and << buttons on the headunit, and the steeringwheel uses the track up and down buttons held down to ff and rw.

as for the pause. no luck, I too wish mitsu didnt screw the pooch on that one.. and the vanity lights, and the heated mirrors. and the rear seat air, and well, the list is pretty long here, but hey, no worries, you still got alot more than most other trucks in this catagory get for the money.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 AM

Hitting the "PWR" button on the left side of the Nav display does basically the same thing as pause. It stops the CD and switches the unit over to the Nav display. When you're ready to resume listening to the CD just hit the PWR button again.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
JMC

I can't believe the trouble peeps are having with this. We need to make some kind of video to show what to do.

Quick Reply: Its the little things.....