Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Its the little things.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Default RE: Its the little things.....

The FF&RW suck, i didnt say they werent existant. At least on the NAV head unit with an MP3 CD in. I havent tried on a regular CD. I found the Artist song title view for the sirius. After picking a chanel through catagory you have to hit back button twice to back out to the main sirius screen where it lists the song and artist. I did figure out about the power button too. BUTI have one more gripe now to add.

With the keyless entry/ignition system, if you approch the drivers door the drives door unlocks right. So i get in and start the car to warm it up. Come back out this time with a bag to be placed in the back. Go to unlock with the remote and nothing. Remote is unresponsive. You have to open the drivers door and unlock the rest with the unlock button inside. This, however, will no longer be an issue once I install my remote start alarm unit. Also I believe you can change a setting in the head unit to unlock all doors rather than just the drivers side.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 PM

I think most cars are that way, the remote doesn't work if the car is running.

You can program your settings so that all doors unlock instead of just the driver's door.\

Either way, just hit the unlock button on the door and everything unlocks.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Mitsu engineers are not mind readers, neither can they configure the car to everybody's wants. I'm just about fine with the way locks are configured. My only wish was a remote start OEM kit, and not install some 3rd party kit which can compromise the cars security systems, which will then likely invalidate any insurance claims (IMO).

Old 02-26-2007, 04:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Sal

I agree in principle. Example a heated side view mirror.

But what did you expect? A company in financial trouble needing a speedy entry of its new product into the market will cut some corners. You know what you are getting into before you buy something and you compromise on it depending on the price.

Supplier issues aside, I'd say that a comparative RAV4 with third row limited edition will cost you a lot and wont carry some of these goodies you get on xls. That is good enough for me.

Us Euros get heated electric folding side view mirrors as standard amongst many other features but here in the UKwe also pay£24,845 ($48,800) near on double what you guys pay.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Sal

Today I was thinking that perhaps a telescopic steering wheel would have been nice to have.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
JMC

and a mini-bar

Old 02-26-2007, 03:45 PM

as for the door not unlocking, you have to pull the handle twice quickly and itll open. trust me.

I too long for a spa in the back, and a little japanese girl to rub my shoulders as I drive.
DAMN YOU MITSUBISHI

Old 02-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Sal

why do you bother with sarcastic replies?

Old 02-26-2007, 06:48 PM

What was sarcastic about that,
Who wouldnt want a cute japaneese chick to be rubbing their shoulders when they drive home from a hard days work...?

Old 02-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Sal

Proves how immature you are. Nobody will take you or your comments seriously

Quick Reply: Its the little things.....