Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

JET programming for your ECU

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Default JET programming for your ECU

Here is an alternative since the RRM piggyback didn't pan out...the JET programming is $399 and I'm currently plotting my escape to JET's headquarters in Huntington Beach, CA to try and get a discount if I do not have them ship it to me. I want to drive in, remove ECU and have it reprogrammed while I wait. After I finish that I want to try to find an AWD dyno that won't cost an arm and a leg, perhaps JET would be willing to accomodate
I thought it was pretty cool, they will program it based on the mods you currently have- it appears to be mostly modifying the ignition and it stated on another part of the site that 8-10 hp are gained and also the use of 91 octane fuel is recommended. I emailed JET to ask about all this fun info and they told me to call customer service during the week. The bad news is I am going on vacation from Sept. 01 to Sept. 16 so I will likely not be on the forums or have anything to do with my car as I will be on the East Coast. However, if and when I do get the ECU done, I should be at about 185- 190 HP....depending on how my homemade intake treats me...lol. I'll keep everyone informed unless someone already has the programming and can offer me some insight. JET Performance Import Computer Upgrade Package

The JET Performance Import Computer Upgrade Package is the solution to performance tuning import and domestic sport compact vehicles. Import computers do not have computer chips that are easily removed, making it necessary for JET engineers to either reprogram the vehicle’s existing chip or remove and replace the chip by desoldering it from the circuit board. The kit provides you with all the materials required to safely send your vehicle computer to JET’s lab for a high performance software upgrade. Once we receive your ECU it will be programmed according to the information you provide on the vehicle specification sheet to optimize performance and mileage to match your specific modifications. JET's exclusive Dynamic Spectrum Tuning provides optimal performance across the entire power band-not just at full throttle. Programming includes extensive modification to air/fuel ratios, ignition advance and boost pressures for turbo applications.

Computers received at JET by 12:00 PM PST will be programmed and reshipped the same day to minimize down time. Next day air return shipping is included in the price of the kit*. For the quickest turnaround time we recommend shipping the ECU to JET via UPS, Fed-Ex or DHL next day air.

Custom Computer Upgrade Packages Include:

- Step by step instructions
- Computer location chart
- Horsepower specification chart
- Custom programming specification form
- Shipping instructions and preaddressed forms
- Shipping carton and packing materials
- Next day air return shipping is included*
- Warranty information

*Next day air included in 48 states only. Call JET for shipping rates to other locations.

*See Import Information section for horsepower gains and dyno charts.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Default RE: JET programming for your ECU

Thats awesome keep us updated...and where are you going on vacation?? i live on the east coast...

Old 08-28-2006, 03:03 PM

CT and NH, I have family in both states. I am from CT. I know you're in PA and so is my aunt. PA has the worst highway roads I have ever driven on by the way...lol.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:11 PM

Thats awesome...both CT and NH are awesome they have some awesome roads.......And yes PA does have the worst roads ever haha.....dealing with them everyday sucks

Old 08-28-2006, 05:52 PM

They have great dirt roads to play rally racing games on with a beater car. I had an 84 Volvo 240 5 speed that I kept dirt tires on it for that particular purpose- it was a blast. There are SOOOO many 4x4 and quad trails too, which I miss.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:55 PM

When I go back my brother and step dad are taking me out on a Jeep run, they both have Cherokees and said they'd even let me drive
I advised them that they may not get it back in the same condition as when I first buckle in...lol

Old 08-28-2006, 08:02 PM

hey dirt, greetings from the right coast! have a safe trip!!! but what about the warranty with the chip?

Old 08-31-2006, 07:14 AM

hey dirt, have a good vacation and when you get back make sure you get some pics up and let us know how it was

Old 08-31-2006, 01:30 PM

I plan to have a great vacation and try to take as many pics as possible.
As far as the warranty with the ECU upgrade- well, to be honest, I don't know. BUT, as long as it doesn't throw a code, Mitsubishi will likely never know anything has been changed or upgraded. Of course if I blow my engine or something I will find a replacement ECU from the junkyard. In any case, my warranty will be worthless by the time I am done modding my car if they really start to poke around. But, the 4G69 is a strong engine and has handled much more stress than I am giving it with the upgrades I have. RRM has been running turbo R/A's for a couple years now with I believe 15lbs boost with 245HP/262TQ and no mechanical failures- it's a better design than the 4G64 which it "replaced" and is successfully modded as well. I just feel really confident in the engine as long as I keep the oil clean and viscous.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:01 AM

amen to that, brother....and do have a safe trip!