Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Default JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...

After a year of waiting I finally ordered the larger spoiler that is imported from Japan. I got to say its everything I was hoping.

I also had the V6 badge and XLS badge that have been sitting around waiting to be put on. So since it was nice and clean I put them on as well. Enjoy...

Attached Thumbnails  JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...-img_2025.jpg    JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...-img_2032.jpg    JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...-img_2034.jpg    JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...-img_2039.jpg    JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...-img_2040.jpg  

Last edited by tdford; 03-25-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Old 09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Default RE: JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...

more...

Attached Thumbnails  JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...-img_2043.jpg    JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...-img_2038.jpg    JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...-img_2027.jpg  

Last edited by tdford; 03-25-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Old 09-16-2008, 05:54 PM

Nice pics and great look [sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 09-16-2008, 06:20 PM

wouldn't that cause more wind noise because it is not flush with the body on the edges?

Old 09-17-2008, 06:36 AM

I like the spoiler a lot. Info on the install please ! What place did you use to order your spoiler and was it expensive?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:39 AM

Make note on this the Outlander Wing is a appearance mod only it serves 0 purpose on a performance basis.

Spoilers aka wings generally function by disrupting or diffusing the airflow passing over and around a moving vehicle as it passes around the spoiler. This is accomplished by increasing the amount of turbulence flowing over the shape, "spoiling" the laminar flow and providing a cushion for the laminar boundary layer.

In the case of the outlander if you watch the air flow path you will find that the only difference is that wing causes a larger wind free area behind the outlander by directing the airflow up. As a result causing a larger drafting area for smaller cars.

If you are looking for a performance increase look at the Front Air Dam instead which will reduce the amount of air flow into the tire wells, granted you don't get a cool (up for debate) appearance change but you do get slightly better performance.

The one small performance benefit of the rear wing is due to the vents created on the edges of the wing it does provide for a very very tinny increase of control on the back end of the car in corners. But this only applies as you are exiting a turn and does not help during the actually turn itself. But again we are talking a extremely minor change here.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:16 AM

I ordered the wing from Zontarh.com with dollars to british pounds exchange rate and having to be shipped from Japan it deff wasnt cheap. Thats why I waited a year to get it . It came out to be about $420. By the way... from the day I ordered the wing, to the day it showed up through USPS was a total of 5 business days!!! Very pleased with the speed of shipping. I was hoping it would be under 2 weeks, got it within a week!

The wing was pretty easy to install, which is great cause the instructions are in Japanese, no English... Tools required where a skrew driver and a socket wrench. There is no drilling required, you exchange out some fasteners from the old to the new one. Very Easy!

No this is a OEM part. There is no added wind noise. Took a 3 hr road trip each way last weekend and nothing.

To comment on azchipka, this is deff a aesthetic part. If there is any performance gains it is verry, verry small... 90% of all spoilers, wings, deck lids made for todays cars are for aesthetic purposes only. Usually only sport cars get parts that are actually functional.

But I love it. I always thought that something was missing from the rear end (especially when I see 10 Lexus 350 rx's per day). IMO it completes the rear end.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: DEOUTLANDER

Yea I definitely want one, how close is the paint matched? Would you be able to post the instructions that you had or the diagram. Whats your next mod going to be?
Paint looks perfect. Umm I dont have a scanner, but the instructions were pretty worthless. The diagrams werent that good at all.

On the inside of the rear hatch, at the top side, there are two rubber covers: remove them and there are two bolts that are accessible that are to the spoiler. The plastic coverings to the rear hatch are all attached by fasteners, not screws or bolts.Then there is about a 3 foot section at the top of the hatch that you pull off to access the remainding bolts. And thats it.

Note: you literally have to pull (hard) to get the covers off.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 PM

What happened to the pictures?

Old 03-25-2009, 01:21 AM

pics dont work plz fix
________
Oregon Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by red123; 02-24-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Quick Reply: JPN Spoiler installed, along with badges...