Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Just Bought a Low Mileage 2013 LS, What Should I Do/Know?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 12:36 AM
Default Just Bought a Low Mileage 2013 LS, What Should I Do/Know?

As the title says, I just found a smoking deal on a 2013 Outlander LS (the lower of the two Canadian AWC models w/ the 3.0L v6 and 6spd tranny) with just over 48000 KM. I'm pumped, I owned and lived in an L300 van for a while in South America and have been pining for some no frills Mitsu capability ever since.

Anyway, now that I have this vehicle, I'd like to a) make sure it lasts and b) keep the powertrain warranty intact if I can. So I'm trying to figure out what it needs done. I don't see the 48000K service in the online records so that's my first stop.

The (very solid, licensed) dealer I bought from did an oil change, replaced the battery, did a 4 wheel alignment and performed an inspection. This was in Alberta so I then had to have my local shop do another inspection when I registered it in BC. It's been thoroughly inspected. That all covers everything I see on the MyMitsubishi online maintenance schedule for 48000K except a tranny drain and fill, which my nearby Mits dealer will do for less than they'll sell me the fluid for. Still 200 bucks though. Bastards. So it's booked for that this week.

Anything else I'm missing? I don't see anything about the rear diff or transfer case in my online schedule but I see a number of mentions of people doing them at 48000K. Necessary? Lots of other people seem to wait until 96000 it seems. This also seems like a service I don't need the dealer for.

Anything else I should know about this vehicle? Non scheduled maintenance to keep on top of? Tips? Tricks? I'm quite happy with the purchase so far and I'd like to ensure I get many years of trouble free service out of the thing.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:27 AM

I have a 2007, but with the same V6 and transmission. At only 48k KM, you won't need to do much. You're probably even early on the transmission fluid change. I did mine at 60k and 120k miles. It was after 100k miles that I did the transfer case and rear diff oil, but I was certainly late on that. Still, no issues.

You'll have little to worry about until it's time to change the spark plugs and timing belt at 105k miles. Until then, it's just wear items like tires, brakes, suspension parts, etc. The V6 and 6-speed auto, while not particularly fuel efficient, have been around long enough to have a solid reliability history.

And if you have problems, there's quite a bit of information in this forum's old threads to help.