Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Just brought 2010 Outlander GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Default Just brought 2010 Outlander GT

I Just want to say with the help I got from here , I brought a 2010 Outlander GT yesterday. It is a sweet car with all the toys. I'm still trying to figure out how to use them. There is a problem that I can't seem to figure out, hopefully you guys can help. The GT has a IPOD/USB port that when I plug in my IPOD, it would play the music but when I plug in my USB flash drive with mp3s files, it won't play. It sees the flash drive but it says there is no audio files. Also, are the wheels suppose to come with wheel locks? My 2007 XLS has it but the GT doesn't. Can someone help?

Last edited by jumpinjulian; 12-21-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: came up with another question
Old 12-22-2013, 12:47 PM

I never used that USB drive before I replaced me head unit so I don't know for sure but are you mp3 files in the root of your flash drive?

My 2010 XLS came with wheel locks but I don't know if they are standard equipment..When I was on the site looking at new ones the wheel locks were an accessory you could buy... It's possible the previous owner lost the key and had to break them off, kept them or they were never there... In any case they are like $50 for a set so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:00 PM

Thanks Guyfromhe, I thought because of the alloy wheels that the wheel locks would be standard equipment. Like you said its cheap enough not to worry about. I was thinking about getting the Gorilla locks but its got mixed reviews so I'm not sure which ones to get.

Regarding the USB flash drive, I tried 2 methods. 1) I just put the mp3 files into the flash drive and it recognized the drive but no audio files. 2) I made a folder called Test and put the mp3 files in there, again it recognized the drive but no audio files. What do you mean by the root of the flash drive? I hope I could find a solution for this. Thanks again.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:21 PM

By root I mean not in a folder.... It sounds like you did that already... They are MP3 files and not WMA or anything weird? Did you check the specs of the files to make sure they aren't anything weird?
Also how big is your USB stick? Have you tried formatting it on your computer and then copying your songs over again?

The wheel locks were a dealer option on the 2014s and I believe they were $48...You can call your local dealer and they can hook you up with whatever parts they use or you can get aftermarket... I am sure it doesn't matter but I have never had to buy them... I know keys sometimes break off during removal (or get lost) and then they have to be drilled out so they may have been factory equipment and then they had to remove them without the key and decided not to replace them... In any case regardless of if they were standard or not they aren't on yours so you will have to decide if you want to buy a set or live without them.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:44 PM

I bought the dealer set. They said that any mitsubishi dealership has that key in case you loose it.