Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Keyport

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Default Keyport

Not sure how everyone else feels, but I think the keyfob that comes with the Outi is ridiculously oversized. Sure, it's got a spare key inside it, but man is it huge. I have like 8 other keys on my keyring and one other keyfob for my wife's car, so now it's a huge bunch of keys overcrowding my pocket, whereas before the outi key, it was pretty manageable.

There may be a solution soon:

http://www.key-port.com/

You can integrate all your keys in this device and apparently it is being designed to have all of your keyfob controls as well. Hopefully they make it able to work with the Outi FASTkey system.

Anyone else have a good solution that they use? And don't tell me to get rid of keys, all of mine are essential to everyday life.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Default RE: Keyport

Buy one of them hooks that you can clip your keys to your belt loop with. Or buy one of them moutain climbing clips things that do the same thing. Now your group of keys are clips on the outside of your pants and you just freed up pocket space. Might I add don't clip it in the back loops to where you would sit down on them and puncture your butt.

Durning work I have a set a work keys I clip to my pants. I leave all my home keys in the work van or in my cooler. You should be able to leave your keys somewhere durning work. Since you can't drive 2 cars at once you already eliminated 1 set of car keys. 2 if you dont drive at all durning work.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:55 AM

yeah, thats pretty much what I do.
I have one set of keys with my house keys on it (also keys to my personal truck)
then I have a complete other set of keys for work. It has the outie key, keys to the other houses, bulldozers, bobcats, and other equipment. I has the outie key with it, since whenever I take the outie, i dont have to have that set ofkeys in my pocket. I just toss em into the center console, and grab em on exit. This works great for me. Keeps my keys organized and clutter free.

but I do like this new keyport deal... looks bad-assed

Old 04-27-2007, 12:05 PM

Excuse me..but do you drive an Outlander, or are you happy to see me..

It's a little big..but look on the bright side..it's harder to lose

Old 04-27-2007, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: tbanucci

You can integrate all your keys in this device and apparently it is being designed to have all of your keyfob controls as well. Hopefully they make it able to work with the Outi FASTkey system.

Anyone else have a good solution that they use? And don't tell me to get rid of keys, all of mine are essential to everyday life.
The fob is big for a reason. Omron's electronics on the FASTKey are all SMD materials but the RF coils takes up some space. If only Omron manufactured fobs using components like Nokia then perhaps we can cut the size by half, and raise the cost of manufacturing 4x. Miniaturazation always has cost attached. And I don't see how all that electronics is going to fit into that "universal" fob. They may work with the physical key, but with FAST, I doubt it.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:17 PM

LOL @ bnilguy. So true, it's like I have a banana in my pocket! The keychain is hard to fit in there with my 14" of manlyhood already....

Yeah, I may just junk my wife's keys and keep them at home on a ring for when I need her car. The problem is that there are times when I need to go grab stuff out of her car when she is at her office (like the child car seat), and she is busy in a meeting. Guess I will have to swing by home first when that happens.

I dount they will be able to do the FASTkey stuff in this new keychain, just hoping....

Old 04-27-2007, 07:10 PM

Well if you wife has a set for her car then keep your set in the glove box. It keeps it out of your pocket and keeps you from having to run home to get them. The only down fall is if your out and she locks her keys in the car at home.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:46 PM

.... or if she borrows my car.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:01 PM

Get spare keys and hide them all over the place. House, job, car, and pockets.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 PM

Now you're just being crazy. How am I supposed to find hidden keys?