Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Larger Tires for Stock 18" Rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Default RE: Larger Tires for Stock 18" Rims

joining thread.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mislovic
Maybe you can post some pic as well.. Do you notice any difference in the handling? With the bigger tires, thicker and bulging sidewall, do you have a wobbly car, especially when turning corners?
I'll post pictures next week when I get back to Texas.

Sidewalls are noticably taller, but I haven't had any adverse handling issues. The car definitely hooks up better when accelerating from a stop. Even after having the TSB done it was still a little jumpy. Much better now.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Kaiser Sosa
I'll post pictures next week when I get back to Texas.

Sidewalls are noticably taller, but I haven't had any adverse handling issues. The car definitely hooks up better when accelerating from a stop. Even after having the TSB done it was still a little jumpy. Much better now.
Have you had a chance to take some pitures yet? It is about time to replace my oem tires and I am seriously considering jumping up to the same size you did. Thanks.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 AM

has anyone tried the Yokohama Parada Spec-X 235/55R18 ????
according to www.tirerack.com are top rated

Old 04-02-2009, 12:01 PM

so does putting 255 really makes a difference? Any pics?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 AM

Hey there,
I just picked up some 18" X 8" O.Z. rims and wanted to see how your tires looked.
Any details would be a bonus.

Thanks,
Chris in Ottawa

Old 01-25-2019, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kaiser Sosa
OK I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at the lack of response by members who have experimented with tire sizes. To satisfy my curiosity, and to be a service to those others who have the same question I went to my local tire dealer today and had a set of 255/55/18 Yokohama Geolander H/T-S test fit on my wife's '07 Outlander. The tires seem to fit with no problem so I bought them. They look great IMO, and fill the wheel wells much better than stock. No rubbing at full lock in either direction, and nothing hit on the 30 mile drive back home. Based solely on the trip computer it looks like the larger tires are going to cost about 1 to 2 mpg at 70mph. I'm not that concerned with the drop since I've been averaging about 26 mpg with the V6 (a lot more than I expected when I bought the vehicle). I didn't notice any drop in acceleration.

I will post an update after we put a few hundred miles on the new tires. There are some pretty rough roads down here in Galveston after Hurricane Ike, so I should be able to tell pretty quickly if there are going to be any real clearance issues. I doubt it though since there still seems to be a lot of room around the tire. The only place I'm really concerned with rubbing will be inside the rear wheel well lip when the back is loaded down. I'll try to fill it up with stuff next week to see if it rubs there. I will also post pictures as soon as I take some (and figure out how to post on this forum).
I dont want reanimate this ghost, but I am really looking for the pics of this post, I know this was posted 10 years ago, but I am lookig to change the tires on my Outlander.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:20 AM
Default 235/55/18

I have Enkei SUV Wheels 18 inch with 235/55/18 tires zero issues.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:08 PM

I'm running 235/60/18's on a 14 Outlander. They fit just fine and fill the wheel opening like they should have from the factory. Kenda Klever all terrains. They are a nice aggressive look and have done VERY WELL in this crappy winter weather.

I will most likely put these same tires on my 16 Outlander and the girls 17 Outlander sport.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Krakker
I'm running 235/60/18's on a 14 Outlander. They fit just fine and fill the wheel opening like they should have from the factory. Kenda Klever all terrains. They are a nice aggressive look and have done VERY WELL in this crappy winter weather.

I will most likely put these same tires on my 16 Outlander and the girls 17 Outlander sport.
Can you share some pictures bro? What PSI are you running your tires at?

Last edited by SERPENTOR; 01-27-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Larger Tires for Stock 18" Rims