Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Looking to buy an Outlander but need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Default RE: Looking to buy an Outlander but need help

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

The current VUE is about to be replaced by a totally new vehicle designed by Daewoo in Korea.

You may want to get your facts straight before posting. The 2008 Saturn Vue is a rebadged version of the 2007 Opel Antara.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:09 PM

You still cant be debating other suvs. The outlander blows the rest away. Go get in a fully loaded XLS and you will feel the same way. Spend about a hour looking over everything and playing with the options.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dodo2

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

The current VUE is about to be replaced by a totally new vehicle designed by Daewoo in Korea.

You may want to get your facts straight before posting. The 2008 Saturn Vue is a rebadged version of the 2007 Opel Antara.

The Daewoo Windstorm, the Opel Antara and the Cheverolet Captiva are all the same vehicle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Antara

Name:  Daewoo.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  18.5 KB Name:  Antera1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  24.0 KB Name:  image_1_rh_06.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  69.6 KB

Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 PM

They may share platform or parts between the three, but the 2008 Saturn Vue will be just a rebaged 2007 Opel Antara. The Opel was designed in Europe (Germany and UK I believe).

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2008-sat...announced.html

I know many Chevy's in Europe (and here too) are just rebaged Daewoo's and Captiva looks very Koreean to me somy guess would be thatit was designed by Daewoo. From the pictures you could say the Chevy and the Daewoo look identical except for the gril, but the Antara is slightly different.

Anyways, the bottom line is: go get your Outlander.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 PM

nah. the chevy and the daewoo are identicall twins. look at the wheels, lower brush guard, hood, and windows, side strakes, and fender vent holes, look at themirrors fender extensions, and even the cut lines where the fender, and hood meet at the bottom of the A pillar.Hell, the headlights are even the same.
the opel does look a little diffrent, mirrors, front bumber and grill, wheel and tires, make no mistake tho, its the same platform, however while its the same platform, it uses some diffrent parts, tho most are the same.
the chevy and its twin there are dead ringers... the only diffrence is the grill itself.
I'll bet even they are direct replacements

Old 04-26-2007, 09:30 PM

oh, and the only reason the vue has a decent drivetrain is because honda makes the one for the redline, and opel makes the one in the other versions

Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 PM

The Chevy and the Daewoo are indeed identical and are both manufactured in Korea but they adopted the Cheverolet name for the European sales marketfor image purposes, the captiva is very cheap here in the UK once launched this year.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:29 AM

My point is that the 2008 Saturn Vue is a 2007 Opel Antara re-badge rather than a vehicle "designed by Daewoo in Korea". This would be sad for Opel. It is true that some engineering was performed by GM DAT, butthe Antarais still an Opel.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:27 AM

nah... Im still sticking with the daewoo, and chevy being identical, and opel being the only one with the braincells to change anything.
Hell, i'll bet even the interiors are the exact same on the chevy and its twin

Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 AM

I traded in a 04 VUE for the Outlander. It was a good vehicle that I enjoyed.The 07s will have much upgraded interiors and I would say the Redline VUE is a closer competitor than the standard.

I didn't have all the rattles...but I was out of warranty and when that happens, it's funny how many noises you start hearing: sqeaking groaning suspensions..and is that tire noise or a bearing going out LOL

All the V6's from 2004-2007 are Honda sourced, as is the transmission..Personally, I didn't think much of the transmission..it wasn't very responsive and has questionable reliability..they had mass recalls on it (in the Honda Minivans, not the VUE) for premature failures..Honda trannies are especially hard on their fluid..many VUE owners changed itevery 25K miles..and said it smelled burnt. The new VUEs are being built in Mexico

Some personal advantage/disadvantages betwwen the VUE and the Outie:

Power: slight advantage to the VUE, if you go in a straight line (if you can tame the torque steer). The better Mitsubishi transmission really helps close the gap one would think 30 lessHP and 400 more pounds would leave

Handling: The Outie handles like a sports car compared to the non-redline VUE..

Interior: Fairly close...the Mitsu has alot of gadgets you can't get with the Saturn..I love having seat bolsters

Utility: Maybe a slight nod to the Saturn because the seats fold flat from the gate to the glove box..I put 8 foot boards in it. I didn't care for the roll forward seats in the Outie..but there are more storage spaces and the option for 7 passenger seating

Other: The polymer panels were kind of nice in reality..I'm not looking forward to door dings

Warranty: GM has a longer powertrain warrantynow, but the bumper to bumper, roadside is still far superior in the Mitsu..While engine and transmission repairs are expensive..they happen much less than the thousands of other parts in the car IMO

Overall. I'm sure I'll miss the Satty, as I do all my cars..but I was ready for a change and I'm really enjoying the Outie

Quick Reply: Looking to buy an Outlander but need help