Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   loud clicking sound when pressing brake in P (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/loud-clicking-sound-when-pressing-brake-p-28692/)

roach 08-07-2008 06:12 PM

loud clicking sound when pressing brake in P

I went to the dealer today for a alignment and to get my lock reprogram so when I touch the driver door it unlock all door, and now when I press on the brake pedal with the engine running in park I can hear a loud noise which seem to be the lock pin for the shifter releasing. Anybody else is getting that noise ? they told me it's normal and all outie do that mine did not before I went to the dealer today.

Joel_CA 08-07-2008 07:19 PM

RE: loud clicking sound when pressing brake in P

Sure sounds normal to me. Its the shift lock release pin moving to allow you to shift into gear.

JJ

roach 08-07-2008 07:52 PM

that's exactly what it is but it's just strange that I could not hear it this morning and before and now just out of the sudden it's supper lound after going to the dealer strangeeee !!!!

dsm1990gsx 08-07-2008 08:28 PM

I am gonna agree its normal too, you can try replacing it and see if it makes a difference.

Joel_CA 08-08-2008 12:29 AM

ORIGINAL: roach

that's exactly what it is but it's just strange that I could not hear it this morning and before and now just out of the sudden it's supper lound after going to the dealer strangeeee !!!!
If you want peace of mind- go back to the dealer and have them show you it's normal by example with an Outlander on the new car lot.

JJ

Manybrews 08-09-2008 12:13 PM

its normal.
stop picking the fly poo out of the pepper.

josh_raben1971 10-29-2008 04:08 PM

I just experienced this same symptom. One day the clicking was quiet....the next day it was LOUD.

So I brought it to the dealer on Monday....and today they tell me that the Outie requires a new shifter assembly. They have ordered it and it will be here next week. I am picking my Outie up tonight so I have a vehicle to drive until the assembly arrives.

So, this level of noise is not normal, and the shifter assemble is the culprit.

BrodyGuy 10-29-2008 04:39 PM

kind of off this topic but since i read this thread im now wondering. can the outlander 2008 be programed so when you engage it in drive, the doors automatically lock?

josh_raben1971 10-29-2008 05:15 PM

Yes. I do not have NAV, so the dealer did it.

macuis 10-29-2008 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: josh_raben1971

Yes. I do not have NAV, so the dealer did it.
Are you sure? I've asked my dealer, and Mitsu NA, and they say it can't be done. I remember a post on this forum indicating that it also cannot be done, and that a relay of some sort has to be installed in order to get it to work. I know the dealer can change it so the doors auto unlock when placed into park however...